Sep 4, 2008
MD, USA
Just checkin back in; got any updated pics? :naughty:

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
Glad to see this tank is still running. A plus on the concept as well as the execution. I still refer people to this thread from time to time when they have the same idea

Danger_Chicken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2008
Baltimore
Hey Arl it's been a long time since I viewed this thread. The tank looks great with the basement finished. For a second I thought it was someone else posting a pic of their in wall tank.

How is the settling tank working out? I've been researching do one of those. Also any updates on the algae scrubber?

arl

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2007
Saskatchewan Canada
Danger_Chicken;3994752; said:
Hey Arl it's been a long time since I viewed this thread. The tank looks great with the basement finished. For a second I thought it was someone else posting a pic of their in wall tank.

How is the settling tank working out? I've been researching do one of those. Also any updates on the algae scrubber?
the settling tank is really working great. every night a whole bunch of poop or uneaten food settles in one spot on the settling tank so I drain them every day about 2 gallons is enough to clean my settling tank bottom. I do water change once every 6 weeks to 2 months about 20%. The algea scrubber works but cleanning it sucks so I stopped it about 6 months ago. I might hook it up again once I fugure out a way for easy maintenance of it.

Ramesh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
Earth

earthstudent

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2010
Iowa
Great tank!! I am planning a tank with ABS as well. I am not sure what I plan to use to seal the corners yet but I would like to say I found the E6000 goop that you showed a pic of, at TAP Plastics and it also comes in caulk gun size tubes. I would assume it is the same consistency as the smaller tubes. It is not that expensive either. Cheaper than some high quality silicone I have seen. It also comes in a formula E6100 that is thicker.

http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=129

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store