750 gallon new tank

brentonwilliams

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2023
The front end of that one makes a lot more sense. Still a weird set-up, IMHO; a giant sump that is mostly empty air, with only a few inches of water throughout most of it and still a tiny pump chamber. I'm curious to see how your additional partitions will change the function; it looks (?) like your added partitions will increase the depth of the water in the main compartment, but that pump chamber...wow...

Need to see it in the acrylic flesh, so to speak. :)
Ok

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
If it’s not too late,I would make the return pump portion on the sump twice as large
Especially since you sump is so large and the space is available
Just a thought...from here...in my chair
Thanks to you and jjohnwm jjohnwm for calling attention to this. I have already sent a message to the fishtanksdirect about this, just to make sure this is not just another typo. The return chamber in the unmodified RS9624 is 10” x 22 3/4". The tank builder is supposed to add three more chambers, not modify what was already there. In other words, I need to request a revised accurate drawing. Thanks again guys.

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
Update on sump drawings: I talked to John there at fishtanksdirect and he assured me that both of my concerns (sock chamber wall and return chamber size) would be addressed right away. Water will flow under sock chamber wall and return chamber will be 10” x 22-3/4".
He believes these two items were just typos on the drawing, but in any case he will make sure the drawings are updated so there is no question going forward.

Reactions: M1A1

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
Big thanks also to M M1A1

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
Here is the new sump drawing showing the 10" overflow compartment. I see they haven't changed the sock compartment wall on the drawing but I'm not going to make an issue of it since the only way for water to leave this compartment is beneath the wall (the "slit" is not actually an opening but is just the top of the sock panel connection to that wall). I'm expecting the sump to be fine and work well. I'll post a photo of the actual sump when I receive it.

Sump Iso View #34580 revised.jpg

Reactions: M1A1 and AR1

yellowfinfmb

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2020
I have the exact tank but my return box is outside of the tank with (5) 2' pipes to the wet dry and a separate pipe to a pond filter
using mine for freshwater set up . I didn't want anything inside because my fish will be 3 ft long.
but I'm selling it within the next week or two when I can post it

Maui the FRT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2023
Sweetness I plan on ordering same size tank this summer. I’m considering an island overflow for full walk around setup. I can’t wait to see updated photos when you receive your tank. So exciting! Mine will be freshwater as I have a pig nosed turtle and fish. I’m really wanting to order from a local Phoenix builder but have Tsunami in my sights.

Reactions: ken31cay

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
RE: TANK and SUMP: these were shipped to my freight forwarder in Miami FL late last week. My freight forwarder's local office here showed me a video of them to let me see how they were packaged. They were packaged just fine for domestic transport, but my freight forwarder suggested having them build a more secure wood crate around each package since they will now be sent via ocean freighter to me here in the Cayman Islands.

RE: IRON STAND and WOOD CABINET FACE: these should be shipped in about 4 weeks.

RE: LIGHTS: I finally decided on these and ordered two Aquaillumination Hydra 64 HD units. Probably overkill for my setup but it's what I'm used to (features and ease of use) since I have two Hydra 52 HD units in my 450gal.

John and the other staff at fishtanksdirect.com have been a pleasure to work with so far. It's pretty apparent that each project is important to them. I previously purchased my other two setups from them: my 180gal setup in 2016 and my 450gal in 2018.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store