750 gallon new tank

Maui the FRT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2023
That is exciting. I really am look forward to seeing how long it takes to receive your big boy. On your other tanks how was packaging? Was there any damage on arrival?

Reactions: ken31cay

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
My other setups were fully crated for international export before they left the Miami port. No damage.

I should have everything in around 7-8 weeks from now but I expect it will take some time before everything is set up and ready to fill with water. I'm in no rush and plan to take my time and enjoy the process.

One of the first things I plan on doing when the tank arrives is fitting the 3D background (from Universal Rocks) into the tank properly. I went with the Malawi Rock background. I plan to cover all the edges that touch the tank walls with a layer of silicone, to protect the acrylic from getting any scratches. I've done this before with other tank decor and believe it should work well. The 3D background will cover the entire back wall and left wall of the tank - the left tank wall will be close to my living room side wall and that corner of the house will be fitted with the water change plumbing.

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Awesome project you have going, do you have pictures of your current set ups from fishtankdirect? Price wise they seem to be the best option for me as well, when ever I decide to pull the trigger on getting a monster sized tank.

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
The 180gal wood cabinet & canopy has beveled edges, the 450gal does not. IMO it really makes a difference up close, so I asked fishtanksdirect to do the beveled edges in my new 450gal setup. Delayed the ship date by about 3-4 weeks but should be worth it.

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
The 180gal wood cabinet & canopy has beveled edges, the 450gal does not. IMO it really makes a difference up close, so I asked fishtanksdirect to do the beveled edges in my new 450gal setup. Delayed the ship date by about 3-4 weeks but should be worth it.
*in my new 750gal setup

Reactions: M1A1

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
Received the tank and sump today. My 13yr old son is there for size comparison. Should receive the stand + connecting cabinet, and canopy in about 6 weeks. This will give me ample time to fit in the 3D background and also to construct small acrylic sections onto the back of my tank to accomodate the lights. 750gal and sump 4-Mar-2024.jpeg

Maui the FRT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2023
Received the tank and sump today. My 13yr old son is there for size comparison. Should receive the stand + connecting cabinet, and canopy in about 6 weeks. This will give me ample time to fit in the 3D background and also to construct small acrylic sections onto the back of my tank to accomodate the lights. View attachment 1537007
Oh badass. I can’t wait to order mine. So Rad. I look forward to progress pictures!

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Looking forward to following along with this, should be great!

I will add this thread to the list of useful threads that I keep to show my wife whenever she complains that I have too many or too large aquariums. :)

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
Looking forward to following along with this, should be great!

I will add this thread to the list of useful threads that I keep to show my wife whenever she complains that I have too many or too large aquariums. :)
That's a good idea but too bad it wouldn't fly with my wife. I just have to pay her what really just amounts to a 'tax' whenever I buy something new for myself. Then she's happy and I'm fine with that so it's all good.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store