770 Gallon Monster Setup

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
Your tank is a piece of art, Alex.
Well done !
Thank you. I've been watching "The Wall" closely and it's looking great. I always enjoy seeing big build threads...perhaps partly because it makes me feel like less of a nut...:)

Nice, very nice....I want one. lol
Right on cue...a fellow nut!...:ROFL:

Thanks Fred! (To see a big tank with cool fish and a clean in-wall setup, check out Doviiman's build thread) :drool:

awesome! Love all the CL you got in there
Thanks Josh. I'm actually picking up 7 more between 4" and 5" on Sunday, so I'll have 19 soon.

Rayne

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2010
Thank you. I've been watching "The Wall" closely and it's looking great. I always enjoy seeing big build threads...perhaps partly because it makes me feel like less of a nut...:)
We are in the process of putting an offer on a new house and one of the 'wants' for me out of a new house was to have an unfinished basement so that I could plan out and build a big tank with dedicated fish room behind it. Well we found a house and the plan I have now includes a 600G 8x4x30" peninsula tank. When I explain my 'vision' to my wife, my realtor, the builder, my friends etc. I get a lot of blank stares and laughs. Makes one feel like they are crazy at times haha! So I feel ya, seeing build threads like this makes me feel so not alone and crazy. MFK is like a support group! :D

The tank looks awesome bud!

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Sounds all normal to me, but I built a room and all the electrical stuff exactly for my fish tank setup. Lol. I don't think I'm crazy, just addicted

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Wulfonce

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2009
Ontario
Beautiful tank!

I have two questions though. (probably already answered, but I didn't read through he whole thread)

1) How many beers did it cost you to get your buddys to move it? lol

2) what's that ring on the surface of the water in your feeding video?

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
Amazing tank
Damn nice tank! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks.

We are in the process of putting an offer on a new house and one of the 'wants' for me out of a new house was to have an unfinished basement so that I could plan out and build a big tank with dedicated fish room behind it. Well we found a house and the plan I have now includes a 600G 8x4x30" peninsula tank. When I explain my 'vision' to my wife, my realtor, the builder, my friends etc. I get a lot of blank stares and laughs. Makes one feel like they are crazy at times haha! So I feel ya, seeing build threads like this makes me feel so not alone and crazy. MFK is like a support group! :D

The tank looks awesome bud!
I'm looking forward to following your build thread. Sounds like your filtration is going to be awesome.

Sounds all normal to me, but I built a room and all the electrical stuff exactly for my fish tank setup. Lol. I don't think I'm crazy, just addicted

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
haha- I think we all are a little bit. Some worse than others...

W O W IT'S H U G E...........
STUNNING... Freakin awesome dude, I love following this thread.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thanks.

Beautiful tank!

I have two questions though. (probably already answered, but I didn't read through he whole thread)

1) How many beers did it cost you to get your buddys to move it? lol

2) what's that ring on the surface of the water in your feeding video?
Thanks for the kudos. To answer your questions...

1.) I was nervous that my buddies were going to flake on me on moving day, so I hired some professional movers...but of the 6 friends that actually showed up, I bought them lunch and had as many beers as they could drink (after the move). The look on their faces when they saw the tank was pretty funny. I hope to stay in this house for a long time because I don't think any of them will help me move this tank again.

2.) It's a feeding ring...it prevents the pellets that float from being sucked into my overflow towers. I feed New Life Spectrum sinking pellets, but not all of them sink like they're supposed to...I hated watching even just a few pellets go straight into my filter, so that's what I came up with to prevent that from happening.

I came across this video that makes me wish I had gone with even smaller fish...these tanks are spectacular:

[video=youtube_share;NP0Qk4DnLis]http://youtu.be/NP0Qk4DnLis[/video]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store