8 Goliath 5 Vittatus update log

ekkhoo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2014
malaysia
The feeder fish is a cyprinid. Perhaps Cyprinus carpio carpio (common carp) or
Carassius carassius (Crucian carp or normal colored goldfish ancestor).

I am surprised you have not given cut fish a try. 100x higher success probability than pellets IME.
Ok... I’m surprised I never think of that too. But at this moment, I will try my best to breed tilapia for them. When successful I will breed African catfish as well.

ekkhoo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2014
malaysia
Ye
Usually fish grow faster on live... so don't think you have to worry. Not sure if you are QT the feeders if so I'd say feed them pellets right before you give them to the Goliath.
Yes I have 3 tanks of feeder fish. Each tank contains 1 week supplies. And yes I do feed them pellet before dumping them to the tigers.

ekkhoo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2014
malaysia
Awesome. Are you noticing any agression? I had 3 VATF and 2 GATF. The VATF took to the hikari floating sticks and then massivore and eat anything now that hits the water. My GATF even after several starving bouts will only eat tilapia and smelt. I would try the floating sitcks seems to work then move onto another pellet.
Oh my! I've just come across your other post and saw your youtube video! Are you really Ash?? Your video is such an inspiration to me! Couldn't tell how many times have I watched your ATF videos for these past few years!

Reactions: Matteus

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Oh my! I've just come across your other post and saw your youtube video! Are you really Ash?? Your video is such an inspiration to me! Couldn't tell how many times have I watched your ATF videos for these past few years!
Lol he wishes he’s Ash!

Reactions: ekkhoo and moe214

Troy1015

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
Seattle
No that was a reference for how I wanted my tank lol

Reactions: Matteus and ekkhoo

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Yea.. but I’m going different route. Cause I’m actually interested in aquaponics. Might as well learn how to breed my own tilapia first. Currently their diet now consists mainly red tilapia fingerlings. Will add in some African catfish into diet once they are bigger to handle 3” fish.
I didn't quite get you, as to why aquaponics, would deter you from feeding Tilapia fillet.

Are you planning to setup an aquaponics plant to breed Tilapia, or incorporate aquaponics to your tank for filtration??.

I did try clarias garepinnis fillet for feeding, the meat is too greasy, and the Gatf didn't like the meat.

Reactions: Matteus

ekkhoo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2014
malaysia
No that was a reference for how I wanted my tank lol
Hahaha ok I got it now, my bad :D. But still, now is too fast to talk about aggression as I have them for 4 months only. After going thru your threads, actually I’m quite worry what will happen after they reaches 1-2 feet size. I will keep updating on the status.

Reactions: Troy1015

ekkhoo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2014
malaysia
I didn't quite get you, as to why aquaponics, would deter you from feeding Tilapia fillet.

Are you planning to setup an aquaponics plant to breed Tilapia, or incorporate aquaponics to your tank for filtration??.

I did try clarias garepinnis fillet for feeding, the meat is too greasy, and the Gatf didn't like the meat.
I’m setting up aquaponics independent from the ATF tank.

It’s not the only reason, just feel that live food is the best choice if I could breed enough to sustain fibgercrossed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store