800g ply catfish growout tank

badassissimo

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Mansfield, Louisiana, U.S.A.
garhog;3886617; said:
the only thing I can think of is one or more of my cats puked up the shrimp I fed them and spoiled the water though they have never done this before I believe it is possible. the heaters and pumps were all running temp was normal did a 50 percent water change the night before. the water when I got home was poor quality but wasn't sure if it was from the dead fish floating in it. but I think it makes more sense that the fish ruined the water and the elevated ammonia killed them but I not sure I have never lost a fish due to water quality and never had multiple fatalities all at once now I have to think of how to prevent a future occurance. I think 800 gal would have bought me some time. but who knows
I am confused then. There may have been an electric short through the water for a brief second? It's rare but possible. I still would blame the pacu though and you said he is one that is still alive and you're trying to save.

No scars on the fish right? No random deathmatch of doom?

You'll definitely have to let me know what happened so I can avoid it. It kind of seems like a rendition of "Burn After Reading" starring George Clooney at the moment.

garhog

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
california
greenterra;3968157; said:
Any updates on this build?
sorry for the lack of updates I have been really busy at work and also doing side jobs in the garage so I haven't had as much time to work on the tank as I would like but got to pay the bills first. my income tax check should be here anyday when I get it I will be ordering my glass, pump, lights, and everything for the filter. thanks for following and I hope to have some updates for you soon

nitrofish1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2008
Northern Illinois
garhog;3981703; said:
sorry for the lack of updates I have been really busy at work and also doing side jobs in the garage so I haven't had as much time to work on the tank as I would like but got to pay the bills first. my income tax check should be here anyday when I get it I will be ordering my glass, pump, lights, and everything for the filter. thanks for following and I hope to have some updates for you soon
:popcorn:

we can wait

raymondk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
southern california
sorry about ur loss garhog i remember i lst my oscar i had since he was a fry to full adult had him for 6 years i found him behind the tank with ants all over him

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store