96 x 30 x 24 Tank and Arowana Species

The-Almighty-Zugs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Well I'm very glad you said that as I had no idea. I guess I will stay away from Thin Bars then. I thought they were all the same but just had differences in cosmetics. I guess it's down to Wide bars and maybe Blackberry's if I can find some.
Also, what do Blackberry's get to? Are they like Thin Bars or are they more like Wide Bars?

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
The-Almighty-Zugs The-Almighty-Zugs , regarding your question on setting up the Eheim 2260/62 series filters, Here is an older link on setting the filter up, filling with media and rotating the pump on top to allow for clearance under the aquarium stand as well as some other tips.

The-Almighty-Zugs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
The-Almighty-Zugs The-Almighty-Zugs , regarding your question on setting up the Eheim 2260/62 series filters, Here is an older link on setting the filter up, filling with media and rotating the pump on top to allow for clearance under the aquarium stand as well as some other tips.
Thank you very much for this. It will come in handy!

Reactions: deeda

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
High river Alberta Canada
I dunno much about blackberries except they are pricy lol.

Thinbars are still beautiful fish and if you wanted a larger school vs. a smaller school of widebars you could probably double up on thinbars.

Im probably in the minority here but im more excited about the SD tank than the arowana option. Ive always wanted a large tank full of monster SDs.
Absolutely! I love SD's

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Is the a size difference between Wide Bars and Thin Bars? Other than the bar size?
Well I'm very glad you said that as I had no idea. I guess I will stay away from Thin Bars then. I thought they were all the same but just had differences in cosmetics. I guess it's down to Wide bars and maybe Blackberry's if I can find some.
Also, what do Blackberry's get to? Are they like Thin Bars or are they more like Wide Bars?
Not sure but I bet you could get even more great info if you started a new thread about SD's in the Other Characins sections (wink wink).

Reactions: Ogertron3000

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
I guess I'll do that now. Got to say I'm a little apprehensive after what happened with this one lol.
Well hopefully as you say above your learned some things (about both fish keeping and posting in an online forum), so it should hopefully be an easier experience (for all) when going to other sub-forums. That said, not everything is cut and dried in this hobby and you will run into different opinions (probably just more so with Arowana, there is a lot of debate about best practices etc.).

Anyway besides stocking, as other have mentioned I'd be equally if not more concerned about filtration set up and learning about the nitrogen cycle etc. Good travels to your new tank, it will be an exciting day when that arrives.

Reactions: Nilsafeller

The-Almighty-Zugs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Well hopefully as you say above your learned some things (about both fish keeping and posting in an online forum), so it should hopefully be an easier experience (for all) when going to other sub-forums. That said, not everything is cut and dried in this hobby and you will run into different opinions (probably just more so with Arowana, there is a lot of debate about best practices etc.).

Anyway besides stocking, as other have mentioned I'd be equally if not more concerned about filtration set up and learning about the nitrogen cycle etc. Good travels to your new tank, it will be an exciting day when that arrives.
I guess I'll work on one today or tomorrow.

And a quick off topic question. As I get pictures of my tank where can I post them? I would like to have a thread that I can update etc as I get more pictures from the tank makers to when I receive and setup the tank. Where would an appropriate place be?

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
I guess I'll work on one today or tomorrow.

And a quick off topic question. As I get pictures of my tank where can I post them? I would like to have a thread that I can update etc as I get more pictures from the tank makers to when I receive and setup the tank. Where would an appropriate place be?
This is kinda all over the place. I put my builds in the diy section cause i do a lot of stuff like stand and sump setup from scratch myself. Some people will put their tank threads in the respective fish section (if you had an SD tank, yours could go in "other characins" section.) Some people try to replicate the natural environment that their fish come from and so chronicle their tanks in the "biotope/natural tanks" section. And some people just seem to put their threads right on the ol' general aquaria discussion board.

Maybe a mod or admin can give you the best answer though. Not for me to say for certain.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
I would post your build thread in the Setup and Filtration forum since it sounds as if most of your project will be having the tank built professionally, you already have the Eheim filters and will eventually be asking about substrate, heater(s), other potential equipment, water movement, lighting, etc.

Just pick an appropriate thread title, add dialogue and pics as the thread progresses with your updates. If you are not positive on what fish or tank mates you will be stocking, just title the thread as something like My (insert tank size) Tank build or something similar.

Some people start out with a general idea of which fish they want to keep and then change their minds down the road but a general build and set up thread is nice to see.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store