A few pics of my 150g and 55g tanks.

blah

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2008
Portland, OR
Bump..There really isn't that many people on here anymore...tons of views but not many comments anymore. Hmm..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

blah

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2008
Portland, OR
Nice, any problems w/ the JDs eating the BAs or are they too big?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Nope haven't had any problems with bigger tetras getting eaten by the JDs. The BAs are 2.5-3" and have plenty of room to hide or swim away. I've had bleeding hearts and columbian tetras with the adult JD in another tank as well and he's never tried to go after them before. He spends most of his time behind the driftwood and chasing the other cichlids away.

Riddle88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Portland, Oregon
Very pretty. I am trying to get mine set up somewhat like this but I have black sand and every time I plant anything the pleco just takes them all out. I have a 55 gallon and my pleco is way to big for that tank. I am actually looking to rehome him. Any suggestions on where to do so in the pdx?

blah

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2008
Portland, OR
Very pretty. I am trying to get mine set up somewhat like this but I have black sand and every time I plant anything the pleco just takes them all out. I have a 55 gallon and my pleco is way to big for that tank. I am actually looking to rehome him. Any suggestions on where to do so in the pdx?
Thanks Riddle88. I actually haven't had to rehome a large pleco yet but maybe a place like Family Pet or A to Z Pets might take it. I've seen large plecos at those stores.

Riddle88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Portland, Oregon
Thanks. He was my first fish so I am kind of attached to him. He is longer than the width of my tank so he has a hard time turning around and what not comfortably. I hate to get rid of him just for him to end up in someone else's 55 or slightly larger tank. I want to make sure he goes to a place that will suit him well, not someone looking to make a profit off of selling him. I am really concerned about that.

blah

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2008
Portland, OR
Just uploaded a short camera phone video of the tank. Added a few more convicts that I rescued from CL yesterday.

150 gallon Central/South American community tank: http://youtu.be/uVBh7HcNwZY

swifty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2013
California
Bump..There really isn't that many people on here anymore...tons of views but not many comments anymore. Hmm..

Noticing that a lot. I lurked here for a few years before I finally decided to register, and have noticed the boards be a bit slow lately.

Regarldess, I really like your setup. JDs are quickly growing as my favorite cichlid. Sure they're common and tend to be shy in the adult stage, but they're so nice to look at it is hard to not like them.

What was your JDs diet since you've had him? Also, what has been the water change schedule been like on the 150?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store