AAAAHHHH She hurts me

superleggera123

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2009
Toronto
id laugh SO hard if she bullies mr green
my 8 inch umbie takes on my 15 inch jag and 16 inc azul and the 26 inch black arowana and wins almost all the time

k0y0te

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2009
Florida
www.myspace.com
Purple tang looks beautiful. What size tank is the tang in??

lnelms2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 27, 2008
Miamisburg, Ohio
She's beautiful. I'll take her off your hands, she'd look great with a jeweled moray :D

Plus I seem to have a way with bad girls, lol

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Beautiful fish, but seems like an awful lot of trouble. At 4 inches, she could easily fit in a spare 50 gallon you have laying around

k0y0te

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2009
Florida
www.myspace.com
Heathd;4430220; said:
Beautiful fish, but seems like an awful lot of trouble. At 4 inches, she could easily fit in a spare 50 gallon you have laying around

umm........
Minimum Tank Length/Size:
A minimum 60 gallon (227 liters) for a small juvenile, a 100 gallon (378 liters) for an adult

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
k0y0te;4430247; said:
umm........
Minimum Tank Length/Size:
A minimum 60 gallon (227 liters) for a small juvenile, a 100 gallon (378 liters) for an adult
UHM!!!!!!!!!!?!?!??!SDFJKNSKAKL OSU DHAOF

Its a four inch tang that has grown a whopping two inches in two years, sitcking it in a 50 gallon for a little bit until he can get his stocking organized isnt going to hurt anything. I have heard of people moving tangs to solitary confinement and reintroducing them back to the tank they were in, reducing agression in the process.

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
I would also recomend a move, or a complete re-aquasape, aka change the territory up so she doesn't have "control" then move her back after a wile. And I agree with Heathd, a short stint in a small tank isn't a big deal, long term I agree they need more swimming room but short term, to help all your fish its alright.

k0y0te

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2009
Florida
www.myspace.com
Heathd;4430265; said:
UHM!!!!!!!!!!?!?!??!SDFJKNSKAKL OSU DHAOF

Its a four inch tang that has grown a whopping two inches in two years, sitcking it in a 50 gallon for a little bit until he can get his stocking organized isnt going to hurt anything. I have heard of people moving tangs to solitary confinement and reintroducing them back to the tank they were in, reducing agression in the process.
sorry didnt mean to step on toes, just everywhere i have read over the internet says at 4+ inches should be housed in a least a 60 gallon until about 6+. they need lots of room for swimming. again sorry i didnt mean to step on your toes.

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
k0y0te;4430336; said:
sorry didnt mean to step on toes, just everywhere i have read over the internet says at 4+ inches should be housed in a least a 60 gallon until about 6+. they need lots of room for swimming. again sorry i didnt mean to step on your toes.
You didn't step on toes, I was just giving you a hard time.:)

Plus, I wasnt exactly clear in the first post so it could have easily been construed as me saying to put it in a 50 gallon for life. I had assumed that Canuck would know what I was getting at.

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
Well she is currently in my smaller tank, the 125. Catching her is out of the question, she is to fast. I'll probably be moving rocks around soon, I just need some big BA tangs in there.

I should be adding an Achilles next week, along with regal, orange shoulder, powder brown, and white cheek. I might try another clown, but these will all have to be much larger than the purple.

BTW the purple tang has grown 2 inches in 5 months! She is getting big so fast, but thats partly my fault. I feed my tangs 24 hours a day. I add full sheets of algae and make sure there is always some in there. There isn't a time my tangs don't have food. I also feed them mysis and brine 3 times a day.

Thanks for the compliments though guys :D She really is a stunner, she just gets jealous :D She likes me to much and thinks I like the new fish more...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store