AAAAHHHH She hurts me

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Otolith;4430811; said:
Because she's naughty and gets away with it because she's pretty?
Ah touche! Canuck...sounds like you should name her after the girlfriend or favorite ex...I have a couple you could use. :D

BradT85

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2009
Illinois
Oh man Canuck, youre making me nervous about picking up my purple tang pretty soon. Hopefully mine isnt a ruthless, bloodthirsty savage like yours.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
TheCanuck;4431518; said:
Well i know the purple tang killed them because she was dragging the flame angel around by its tail.... Also her nipping marks on the other fish are visibly seen

Might change the rock around tonight.
May be she just dragging or nipping the flame angel when it's already on its side... It's hard to say that she killed all those fish... May be the fire fish, but the angel and clown tang are same size with her, and she definitely can't kill an 8" bamboo shark! :grinno:

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
jlnguyen74;4432965; said:
May be she just dragging or nipping the flame angel when it's already on its side... It's hard to say that she killed all those fish... May be the fire fish, but the angel and clown tang are same size with her, and she definitely can't kill an 8" bamboo shark! :grinno:
She chewed its dorsal fin off... After constantly harassing it she did some bad damage. Without dorsal fins sharks can't swim right, the shark starting spazing out, and hitting the walls. He then later died of stress. So i guess you would say no she didn't kill any of these fish, she beat the life out of them and left them to stress.

No other fish even nip in my tank, but every fish always has a little piece of fin missing. It doesn't seem to bother them though, the purple tang is always untouched. She constantly chases fish around, tries to cut their sides with her tail.

Maybe its time for he to meet mr.green....

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
BradT85;4432942; said:
Oh man Canuck, youre making me nervous about picking up my purple tang pretty soon. Hopefully mine isnt a ruthless, bloodthirsty savage like yours.
Haha, she is such a cool fish, its almost worth it. Besides the bamboo, i could have gone without that one happening.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
TheCanuck;4433378; said:
On another positive note, the yellow tangs are finally settling in. They where covered in ick when i got them, and its slowly going away. I love that ick can't survive in my system :D
Why is that? Do you keep your salinity pretty low?

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
.22-.24

The nitrates are so low, and the oxygen is so high in my tank the water is basically perfect. Every fish has ick(everywhere), and every other disease in them. Just like people have cancer, its the things we do to trigger them is the issue.

Perfect water quality, quality food, great care = no ick

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store