Aba Aba Photo update

Tramonte172

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2010
My fish room
Does he bother the smaller fish? Mine shreds everything I have ever put in with him.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
nikkibellamy;4959917; said:
its soo cute!! im still pretty new to this fish keeping and i love seeing all these different kinds on this site!!
Yeah this site rocks! Welcome to MFK :headbang2
benzjamin13;4960036; said:
Very nice!
Thanks!
King-eL;4960086; said:
Sweet! Kinda look like smiling.
Yeah I agree, very personable, I love this fish.
Hao;4960113; said:
Nice looking Aba Aba bro. :)
Thanks man!
fishmamma;4960126; said:
I think these fish are odd looking, but definitely interesting though.. Ive always liked their color, and have never seen one as large as yours.. How big do you anticipate it to get?
I'm hoping 5 feet :) It's around 14" now
Polyptasaurus;4960179; said:
nice fish man, i had a carapo knife for a little while, that thing was awesome, very similar to the abas
Cool, I gota look that knife up!
bigbadfish711;4960237; said:
Thats a fatty fatty Aba Aba
Always hungry and begging for food
longislandfish;4960251; said:
ABA ABA are even more incredible to watch in motion. got any videos?
No Vids yet, I agree they move equally well forward and backward.
Tramonte172;4960281; said:
Nice fatty. How long is he?
Got him at 12" a couple months back and now is an easy 14" maybe 15". Loves masivor and every once in a while market shrimp.
Tramonte172;4960286; said:
Does he bother the smaller fish? Mine shreds everything I have ever put in with him.
So far no issues. I put an African Ciclid in there as a feeder and completely ignores it :screwy: Masivor must taste great, my cats love it :cry: Lost $20 in masivor one night, forgot to put back the bag in the stand.

Tramonte172

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2010
My fish room
[So far no issues. I put an African Ciclid in there as a feeder and completely ignores it :screwy: Masivor must taste great, my cats love it :cry: Lost $20 in masivor one night, forgot to put back the bag in the stand.[/QUOTE]

Ouch! I have to keep mine in the freezer or the dog raids it. Did yours take massivore from the start? Mine wont touch it.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
Tramonte172;4963222; said:
[So far no issues. I put an African Ciclid in there as a feeder and completely ignores it :screwy: Masivor must taste great, my cats love it :cry: Lost $20 in masivor one night, forgot to put back the bag in the stand.
Ouch! I have to keep mine in the freezer or the dog raids it. Did yours take massivore from the start? Mine wont touch it.[/QUOTE]
Yes, loved masivor from day one! I guess I'm lucky. Actually I would love to see it rip apart an African........ :irked:
Zeppelin3k;4963240; said:
Great looking aba aba bro. Its on my "want" list. How is the growth rate on this guy?
He's now sticking out of both ends of a 2" PVC pipe I put into the tank for a hiding spot. I need to pull that tube out and measure it. I was looking as some old pics and I think he's grown 4" now in 4 months :headbang2
aclockworkorange;4963268; said:
Good lord that's a cool fish. About as oddball as you could get.
I agree! I was looking for one for a long time (years) then one would show up and I wouldn't have a tank ready or leaving on an extended business trip or something! I'm so happy with this pick up. I was cleaning the acrylic today with one of those magnet things and the Aba was pounding the magnet on its side of the acrylic LOL all attitude in this little guy
Hoyo12;4963544; said:
Wow, you'd think that with such an aggressive reputation those Corys would be fish food, lol. Very interesting; nice looking Aba aba btw. :D
Yeah I've had those corys for years, it's a breeding colony and keeps growing monthly. I find baby corys in all the filters. I've given lots to friends, hopefully they survive the Aba Aba period until I get a larger tank for the Aba

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
u have done good. aba aba's rock! love how in all the pics hes watching u.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Excellent to hear he's doing awesome. TBH I'm not surprized a wit about it's growth size. rofl about the magnet cleaner... Mine has just started to come out during lights on. Vidoe would be great! they do have some of the most amazing movement in fish I've seen.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store