Aba Aba Photo update

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
nice, i have wanted an aba, but couldn't find the tank space for it.
Yeah they are tricky, from what I heard you need to buy one at least 6" or bigger or they die easily. It’s almost impossible to get one that large. After you buy it start planning on a larger tank LOL. I think this guy is 2 foot at least and I’ve had it less than 2 years now. They are active and curious, mine is always digging and moving the drift wood around. The white PVC plug is a toy now. It was a plug for a bulkhead I used to keep the sand out of the tank drain. The bulkhead was under 4” of sand before the Aba found it and removed the plug and started playing with it.
awesome aba aba! :popcorn:
Thank you!

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
i have always had a hard time with a one fish per tank style. i just cant do it. i am having issues leaving my vatf alone. i will be putting a hystrix in with it this week. i hope it doesnt try to go after the ray or it will be out. i love vatf, but i cant have a loner tank need action.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
i have always had a hard time with a one fish per tank style. i just cant do it. i am having issues leaving my vatf alone. i will be putting a hystrix in with it this week. i hope it doesnt try to go after the ray or it will be out. i love vatf, but i cant have a loner tank need action.
I understand. It’s difficult to dedicate a 180 to just one fish. I have 6 large tanks running, two of them are dedicated to "loners". This one and my Goonch tank. I guess it's the price I'm willing to pay for the real cool fish IMO :)
I have a Bullhead cat I might drop in with the Goonch, it's a cold water fish and should be fine.
The Aba aba is another story, it's alone because it will rip apart anything I put in there. It actually hovers just below the surface when my cats walk on top of the tank. But it's a really cool fish and worth the tank space.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
My husband wont let me sell ours... lol. he is an amazing fish though. atm he lives with a whiptail cat thats been with him since he was a baby. he tweaked out one day and ate the flash pleco that was in the tank, but i think the flash may have tried to bully him. the whiptail keeps the driftwood clean and minds its own business otherwise. I've thought about getting some more royals and trying them in the future. wish our guy would grow faster, but hes been in his 40 for awhile now and abit big for it. maybe he will get the 75... nice to see updates on your guy.

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
Mine is about 12"+/- . How long did it take before it wasn't skittish? My Aba needs to fatten up a little behind its head, but is well on its way. Belly is usually bulging. Do you still have your Aba? I've noticed that it's been 2+ years since you made a post about it. Hopefully it is still doing great, and is 3'+ now. Just wondering. Thanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store