Advice anyone?

pigoo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2013
United States
The only problem is I doubt he would take my advice.
Then there's really no point in saying anything is there??;)

If you have a friend who smokes cigarettes...and you know if you say something to them about quitting smoking that they won't take your advice...then you don't say anything!;)

It doesn't really matter how logicial or caring you are with the advice...ALL OF US...do things that no matter how much "good" advice we get...we're not going to change.

66% of Americans are overweight...and 33% of Americans are obese. No matter how much good advice these folks get about their weight...they still aren't going to change.

p.s. I'm not picking on Americans...I just happen to know those statistics.;)

Owens

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2012
Southern Maryland
I dont have a problem with overstocking, but the amount of care that goies into the tank should raise, as well as the number of fish.

Too many fish in a tank is one thing, having horrible water quality is another issue.

I would let him know that if he wants to keep having a tank like that, he needs to up his care for said tank or his fish will suffer, possibly even die.

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Then there's really no point in saying anything is there??;)

If you have a friend who smokes cigarettes...and you know if you say something to them about quitting smoking that they won't take your advice...then you don't say anything!;)

It doesn't really matter how logicial or caring you are with the advice...ALL OF US...do things that no matter how much "good" advice we get...we're not going to change.

66% of Americans are overweight...and 33% of Americans are obese. No matter how much good advice these folks get about their weight...they still aren't going to change.

p.s. I'm not picking on Americans...I just happen to know those statistics.;)
That's not completely true or will be the same in every case. I told my dad for years he needed to stop smoking till he had two heart attacks. Once he recovered from his surgery the first thing he said to me was I should've stopped smoking all those years ago when I would constantly tell him to stop.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

pigoo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2013
United States
That's not completely true or will be the same in every case. I told my dad for years he needed to stop smoking till he had two heart attacks. Once he recovered from his surgery the first thing he said to me was I should've stopped smoking all those years ago when I would constantly tell him to stop.
Yes...but all of that advice you gave him (sorry to say)...didn't do a darn thing. It finally took two heart attacks to finally convince him to stop smoking...not your advice.

Smoking, overweight, and drinking too much alcohol are three big problem areas that no matter how much advice the person gets...(in most cases) they will not stop until they have a life-threatening event.

So I'm sorry to say...you're advice didn't help. If he had stopped smoking BEFORE the two heart attacks...then your advice would have been the best thing. Your Dad already knew that smoking wasn't good for him. No matter how many folks told him to quit it wouldn't have helped (he was probably tired of everyone telling him this year after year).

We all know what the right thing to do is...we just don't do it!;)

Libpete

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2013
England
This sounds like a bad idea some people on the Internet can be pretty cruel when it comes to things like that.
An eye for an eye then? No you are right, some people are just plain mental. I was only joking anyway.

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Yes...but all of that advice you gave him (sorry to say)...didn't do a darn thing. It finally took two heart attacks to finally convince him to stop smoking...not your advice.

Smoking, overweight, and drinking too much alcohol are three big problem areas that no matter how much advice the person gets...(in most cases) they will not stop until they have a life-threatening event.

So I'm sorry to say...you're advice didn't help. If he had stopped smoking BEFORE the two heart attacks...then your advice would have been the best thing. Your Dad already knew that smoking wasn't good for him. No matter how many folks told him to quit it wouldn't have helped (he was probably tired of everyone telling him this year after year).

We all know what the right thing to do is...we just don't do it!;)
Your right but it toke two heart attacks and open heart surgery to realize what I was saying was right all along. Sometimes it takes for people to go thru bad to see the good.

kevbc03

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2008
Cleveland
Yeah I appreciate everyone's advice on the topic, and will try to come up with a solution that incorporates all of these notions.

I'm sure we have all been through a similar instance. It can be difficult because you don't want to insult/lecture the person, yet your emotions get the best of you.

I will definitely say something to him, I just have to tip toe around it.

Feel free to share any more advice on the topic MFKers

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
I don't care what my friends think about what I say. I'm going to tell you how it is. If you don't want to be my friend after, then I guess you weren't that good of a friend to begin with. It's my way of culling defective friends lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store