Aequidens diadema sp. Jenaro herrera

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
How's everyones fish doing? Mine are growing, eating and coloring up nicely. I really need to get some new pics up but if any of you guys that bought some have pics please feel free to post them.

TheSinisterSOB

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
A little place called C At Hell
3 of 4 survived. The one who didn't make it swelled up and died within a day from what looked like bloat. At the first sign I salted the tank, and would've given a salt bath to that particular fish on day two but it was too late.

It looked like bloat, but they were only getting pellets once a day so I'm not sure what happened.

The remaining 3 are growing pretty quickly off NLS and Hikari. It looks like I've got 2 males and a female judging by size and body shape similarity.

Will post pics soon.

Mythic Figment

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2012
Florida
My remaining two are coloring up nicely. They have also put on a bit of size too. The smaller of the two is getting his fins tattered just a bit, but the two JH and the five T. macs will be heading to a 55 shortly, so hopefully the space will help with conspecifics. The JH are a nice gold/orange color and the larger of the two is showing a little bit of facial markings. My only camera is my iPhone, so pics are pretty crappy, but I'll try to get some pics up a little later.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
A couple of updated photos.

014.JPG

037.JPG

014.JPG

037.JPG

TheSinisterSOB

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
Looks great Tom. I think yours have put on a lot more size that mine have.

How many times a day are you feeding, and what's their diet?

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Thanks, I feed them NLS 1mm Thera A+ and some Omega One super veggi pellets twice a day. I've also been doing twice weekly ~75%+ water changes. There's an 8" Royal Pleco in the tank (crap factory).

TheSinisterSOB

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
Dang...I was gonna see about posting some lame phone pics, but I'm not sure now!

Are you able to tell the sexes apart? I've been looking at the anal fins primarily because of the young age and similar coloration, but that can be a little hit or miss sometimes.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I have two that are larger and two that are smaller, best I can do right now. I'm pretty sure there is at least a pair. I asked Jeff to do the best he could with the sexes, so I'll wait and see what develops.

Post pics my pics suck too. I didn't even clean the glass, that tank's about ten years old and has been running since day one the glass is so scratched algae grows in lines.

TheSinisterSOB

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
Here's the best two I could get. I have to get close to the glass with my phone, and that causes them to dart back and forth waiting for food...Problematic when they need to sit still.

DSC_0435.jpgDSC_0455.jpg

DSC_0435.jpg

DSC_0455.jpg

TheSinisterSOB

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
They don't seem to be getting as much red as yours, Tom. I might have to pic up some of that NLS you're using and the Omega veggie pellets

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store