African Arowana Help

mikehagan

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2011
Pittsburgh
Try anything you can. Cut it into tiny pieces. I had luck with not doing as many water changes. Lots of scraps ended up on the filter intake, which was probably its main source of food.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
I'm going to reset my tank. And gonna put a baby ebjd with it... And feed it almost 4-5 times a day an just leave the flakes and worms in there so its never hungry. Though it may end up killing it from nitrate poisoning... Ugh both are so delicate. Not sure how they will do in a 55 gallon tank. Or maybe I should put them in a 40 gallon breeder

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
Mine never took brine shrimp. He was fed exclusively bloodworms until he was about 10/11 inches. Now he pounds down massivore.

gonna try another one... probably my last one. spent 100 dollars already. this will make 150 on one fish. and gonna go earthworm flakes and blood worms. Gonna put hiim in with 2 EBJD. that are like 1.25 inches. if i see agression i'll seperate

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
Ok... So I bought another afrowana... And I bought some alive black worms. This fish doesn't looks as skinny as the others. I put the black worms in a worm feeder cone.. Some come out but every now and the. I go and stir the so some can freely swim in the tank... Though my afrowana seems uninterested right now for some odd reason... Any ideas? Also how long can I keep these worms in the feeder cone? I put quite a lot in... So there come is somewhat full. Not sure if they will die out...

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
you better have daphnia or baby brine shrimp up until it can take solid foods, it will take near a year or over to make it less filter feeder.
I advice you to use the search bar above, there are a lot of threads regarding afrowana here at MFK. Hoping for the best of your fish. =)
Pics will be appreciated.

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
you better have daphnia or baby brine shrimp up until it can take solid foods, it will take near a year or over to make it less filter feeder.
I advice you to use the search bar above, there are a lot of threads regarding afrowana here at MFK. Hoping for the best of your fish. =)
Pics will be appreciated.
Yeah I realized even black worms may not work. So I bought a freeze dried medley and a bunch of frozen baby brine shrimp. Threw it in the water. And it looked like powder... Though not sure f he's eating

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
Hey I forgot, you need all the serious filtration that has less flow in it, namely Sponge filter or sort of. Your filter will compete for the afrowana food if you don't. Just observe if the afrowana is eating, it's really hard to raise one when they came from juvies.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store