aggresive

chrisdef15

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Australia
yeah triggers def arent boring. Next to puffers they are probably the most interactive sw fish. They can even spit water out of tank at you which can be quite interesting.

hurricane_redbone

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
Joboland
www.myspace.com
Id get a nassau grouper... theyll reach a maximum of 25" but in a captive situation i doubt theyd pass 18-20 and it would take a long time to reach it...
also if u provide it with some nice hiding spots it should be fine with the lack of space...
and they are great to watch... they dont do much ripping but they are ambush predators so its fun to watch them wait for a feeder to come close enough n then jump out n swallow it whole...also they have a really cool redish brownish bloched coloring

chrisdef15

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Australia
not to be rude but if he was gonna get a grouper why would ya not get a miniatus like i said. They are bright red with reflective blue dots all over them. Alot cooler.

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
forgot about this thread i still have plans for saltwater i think i'll go for some kind of grouper cause there awesome i don't think i need a fish thats like what i described earlier it would be cool if there was such a fish but groupers are very cool

mybikeisred

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2006
Seaside, CA
If you like groupers, Think about a Red Emperor Snapper. They eat like a grouper, but they are nicer to look at in my opinion, and they are more active swimmers. They grow at the same pace as a grouper.

Shiroi Katsune

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2008
Tampa, Fl
chrisdef15;683755; said:
Since it feeder fish i think you want it to rip apart then an undulate trigger is probably something to look at. Niger triggers are also pretty cool especially with there small mouths they do alot of ripping. Both will bash things against the rocks to help break things up. Some wrasses will do the same. Tuskfish have cool teeth and will eat small feeders and also tear them up abit. Groupers have really cool teeth but eat alot quicker.
Just be aware except for the grouper they will all eat most things you put in there to help clean the tank to like hermit crabs and snails.

I think they prefer to be called African American triggers. :hitting:

Yoji_嬰孩

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2008
rock in water
Theres a baby great cuda for sale at my LFS and that thing is a F*ing BEAST if I ever seen one..... but you would need a freaking JohnPTC tank to house that ]V[onster.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store