Albino rays

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
How can you be certain they are albino. True albinos have red eyes due to a lack of pigmentation. The article claimed that their "albino" rays did not have red eyes. Can you confirm that "albino" rays lack pigmentation in their eyes? I think most of us recall our 6th grade science lesson regarding recessive genes but if albino rays sell for big $$$ then don't ya think someone would have made the investment to pump out pups if it was that easy? If it IS that easy, someone needs to get on it!
On another note, I want to know what happened with Pedros pup and how much he sold it for....
People have invested big money in it

Nico had a white Leo and other pups from the same litter he inter bred them and didnt sell any pups from the litters the white Leo had

He now only keeps white rays of any type you don't want know know the price offered on that white motoro I posted which never turned up

Most white or albino rays are never seen as they go straight to breeding farms in Asia
I have been told people will pay in excess of $70,000 for the right ray so please don't say no one is trying to breed them because your wrong

Just because you don't see it on MFK doesn't mean it's not happening

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

sam buckle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
cornwall
Before all the pseudo experts start posting. Can people please understand Leucism! There are different levels of pigmentism, not just "albino,white pink skin and red eyes" or "Leucistic, white, pink, black eyes and topical skin pigment! "

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Before all the pseudo experts start posting. Can people please understand Leucism! There are different levels of pigmentism, not just "albino,white pink skin and red eyes" or "Leucistic, white, pink, black eyes and topical skin pigment! "

You are right

But hey people just see a high price tag on a white ray and think someone should be popping them out all day long like its a easy job

Mr. Allgood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Iowa
I'm not saying they aren't being bred, I am saying there must be a low success otherwise people would be pumping them out and we would see many more pics on google lol

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut

As far as I can tell. These rays genetics are the same as snakes. I breed ball python genetic morphs. I am no pseudo expert at that. I am an expert. I know the difference in leucistic and albino. That is easy... Last year I produced piebalds, albinos and hypos. all are recessive.

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
I use to have a leucustic male flower. Thing was huge with the tiniest claspers, I had to let it go 15inches and ate 3 datnoids already.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
That's awesome! Do you have any.pics of him? I almost bought a axanthic motoro but I didn't trust the supplier and haven't really heard of them

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store