Alligators on MFK

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
E_americanus;2596269; said:
zoodiver - always nice to see the pics of fishes from your work, but i'm actually curious about fishes you keep at home...any pics of those?

--solomon
I've got a 6' catshark tank, a 29 gallon shark pup tank, 20 gallon live rock tank and a 90 gallon Amazon going. I've had a couple of scatter threads with them. Most of my tanks are in dry storage for awhile. I'm between permenant homes right now, so I can't set up big stuff. And I have no gar at home. :(

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
Zoodiver;2600391; said:
I've got a 6' catshark tank, a 29 gallon shark pup tank, 20 gallon live rock tank and a 90 gallon Amazon going. I've had a couple of scatter threads with them. Most of my tanks are in dry storage for awhile. I'm between permenant homes right now, so I can't set up big stuff. And I have no gar at home. :(
shark tanks sound cool man, thanks for the info to those of us who don't venture very far from the primitive fishes forums :) unfortunate that you currently have no gar, but i can definitely sympathize with not having a permanent home all the time either. best of luck with the present and future collections--
--solomon

ViperCLKGTR

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2008
Here's a couple pics of my Gator

I just picked him up 2 hours ago, see the Argulus on his side I was talking about in my last post? Need to name him... My best friend Ashley wants to name him "FiFi" I just don't know about that though lo

Ramesh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
Earth
You must have the invisable sub species of Gator gar found in Icantapostapic in Nothern Texas :ROFL:.
I am sure it's a great looking fish too :D.

le patron

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2008
USA
Ramesh;2584003; said:
O.K every with gators please list them, we need their size and pics.
I want to know who has the biggest Alligator gar on MFK.
I 'll kick things off with my gator.
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=S-06y-kqa1c&feature=channel
Sorry I am in France on holidays so I can't access my home pics but here's my 40cm Gator on youtube.
He's going into a planned out door pond eventually.
:eek: he looks great! hows he getting along with the aro?

ViperCLKGTR

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2008
Ramesh;2617420; said:
You must have the invisable sub species of Gator gar found in Icantapostapic in Nothern Texas :ROFL:.
I am sure it's a great looking fish too :D.
ok sorry here's my new guy!

Ramesh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
Earth
le patron;2617448; said:
:eek: he looks great! hows he getting along with the aro?
He's going great and has grown like a weed while I was away for three weeks, they are truely amazing.
He is getting very thick and stocky and I don't feed him anything more than Hikari Bio gold twice a day.
By the way I don't have an Arowana I have a Saratoga (Liechardti).

Eric A

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Australia
Nice tank as said :D

If you ever get sick of that snook :naughty: I have 2 atm :grinno:

Nice lei, how big when you got it and how much did it cost?

And we need more pics cos ur home now...

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
Ramesh;2621570; said:
He's going great and has grown like a weed while I was away for three weeks, they are truely amazing.
He is getting very thick and stocky and I don't feed him anything more than Hikari Bio gold twice a day.
By the way I don't have an Arowana I have a Saratoga (Liechardti).
it's somewhat a conundrum of common names, but all members of Osteoglossidae are considered to be arowanas...this includes all in the genus Scleropages :)

how long have you had the gar and arow/saratoga together? since this is a gator gar (and your arow is a lei) i would not count on the combo working for the duration of the fishes lives, so be prepared to separate at some point in the near future as both species tend to get more aggressive with age--
--solomon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store