Another Plywood Build, for my bass

Eric A

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Australia
Liam;3167633; said:
are we talking real trucks, or are you talking redneck for ute?
No not semis. Americans call utes trucks, and since this is mainly an american site, yeah.

tthanatoss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2009
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
It's looking good. Really liking your design. One question, have you worked with fibreglass before. The fumes stink terribly. Are you sure you want to do that inside your apartment. Maybe using something nontoxic may be wiser as there is a lot less smell and fumes. Of course you are getting away with running a skillsaw so you must have some pretty decent neighbors.

Liam

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2007
Brisbane - Australia.
Eric A;3167645; said:
No not semis. Americans call utes trucks, and since this is mainly an american site, yeah.
Don't bring yourself to their level using their lingo. bah

Iffrat

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2009
Dallas Texas
Liam;3167697; said:
Don't bring yourself to their level using their lingo. bah
our lingo .. i think that if you google truck and google ute one of them will bring up pictures of pickup trucks .. and the other ... wont ..

so our lingo is the proper term and yours is just .. lingo :naughty::naughty:

and for the topic .. great looking frame for the tank .. looks like a TANK!!

yipp-e

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2009
Kearns, Sydney Australia
yours is the proper term. in your country, im sure you have probably never been to australia because most americans dont know where australia is. but ute= utility. truck = truck. its not that hard :p

Bassinkorea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2008
South Korea
tthanatoss;3167694; said:
It's looking good. Really liking your design. One question, have you worked with fibreglass before. The fumes stink terribly. Are you sure you want to do that inside your apartment. Maybe using something nontoxic may be wiser as there is a lot less smell and fumes. Of course you are getting away with running a skillsaw so you must have some pretty decent neighbors.

My wife and daughter will be staying at the in-laws house during the fiber glass stage of the build. I have never fiber glassed before but I have a friend that has and he has offered his help at that time :D :D

I would like to use the fiber glass for the extra "sleep-easy factor" even though a waterproof coating would be easier and less smelly, but I am also having trouble finding a quality waterproof paint in Korea.

Oh, and my neighours haven't complained........yet :ROFL:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store