Another Plywood Build, for my bass

Bassinkorea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2008
South Korea
Thanks for the kudos guys.

Eric A;3184202; said:
If you keep working at the rate you have been allready this will be done in 11 days easy.

For me this part of the build is the easy part. The tough part will be on the weekend when I have to get the fiber glass in, I'm not looking forward to that part at all :irked:
There won't be much progress tomorrow though....I'm taking the day off to go fishing.

I'll post some photos of today's progress soon.

Bassinkorea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2008
South Korea
Here's the photos of today's work.

I had a piece of 3/4" ply left over from one of the side and it was JUST big enough for me to use it as the top of the tank/brace. This saved me around $35 if I had to buy another 3/4" plywood sheet :D

After the top was done I filled all the holes and gaps with 2 pack epoxy putty. I'll sand all thiese smooth before applying the fiber glass.

yogurt_21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2009
AZ, USA
looking good and I'm definetly glad to see someone go with better wood on a plywood build. too often you see peopel use osb which breaks down when wet :screwy: so I hope they don't plan on spilling at all during WC lol

yours is strong looking and a nice shape, just seems like it'll be a permanent part of the apt when it's done though lol.

CJH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2007
*Confidential*
Bassinkorea;3184354; said:
Here's the photos of today's work.
I have a friend who builds Timber-Frame homes. I have been playing with a design that would take advantage of some of the beam cutoffs, etc. he has for a large wooden tank.

This thread has been absolutely inspirational. I really like the way this tank is coming together. I hope you leave most of the framing exposed on the outside.

What sort of resin are you going to use to wet out the fiberglass? I would be carefuly about using polyester in an apartment if that's what you have in mind. I would find a laminating epoxy instead.

Bassinkorea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2008
South Korea
basslover34;3190349; said:
sweet!! .. take video .. should be funny to see you guys gettin hi as ... well as the apartment is :D
I may be too high to operate the video camera, but I'll try :ROFL:

My buddy (helper) came around tonight and had a look at the tank for the first time and he thinks it will be an easy job. We will apply 2 coats of fiber glass to the whole inside and then I'll apply a couple of extra coats of resin.

borderraider

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2009
Wales UK
avidly reading all plywood builds, one day when im a bit braver i is gonna build me a tank. oh and the small problem of being told that there must be room for furniture in the lounge :) Top build and looking forward to the fibreglassing :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store