Any one have bowfins?

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
No, just bare. And yes, we put it in the weeds by the bank (in the water of course) and between lillypads. The weeds were the most successful though. The traps we used look kind of like a mesh cone, which allows access to the surface for any air-breathers you may catch.

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
I'm still trying to catch one rain all next week so no fishing for me, just got a nice size large mouth to put in my native tank prolly going to lose a couple blue gills though

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Lol ya u will deff lose some ... I kicked the bass out of my tank awhile back cause he was getting bigger and more mouthy with other thing besides worms so I put him back in the pond

screaminleeman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2009
Westminster, MD
I'm still trying to catch one rain all next week so no fishing for me, just got a nice size large mouth to put in my native tank prolly going to lose a couple blue gills though

I thought I had a nice sized LMB that my nephew and I seined last August from the reservoir. One quarter inch to a half of an inch in total length. Wasn't close to the 1 year I thought I might have growing out that little monster in tanks up to a 115 tall. Josh (the baby LMB named after my nephew) went total psycho three weeks ago. He killed a gorgeous 12"+ Bleekeri Tilapia, and was brutalizing my two much larger Indo Datnoids, Weeksi, Lapardi & Ornate Bichirs. Josh has taken quite nicely to the transfer to my farm pond. Nine months in nine inches!

Interesting to note: Josh took to taking NLS pellet from day one in every growout tank that he was moved to. Josh comes from any area of the pond to see me when I go down to the pond, but has never taken a single pellet since his final destination. He chases the green sunnies that arrogantly attack the floating pellets and has obviously altered his diet to "live". (I never fed it live feeders in any growout tank!)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store