Anybody into weight lifting/body building?

koi9

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2011
california
I might be short but I'm pretty strong for my height and age. Mostly into physique training instead of huge bodybuilding. But I love to life nonetheless. Happy lifting all. :)

Sent from my Huawei Y301A1 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Bsixxx is a member here that is into it big time. He used to be a skinny little teenager but the last time I saw him he was looking SWOLT !! I mean doing it right with the diet and all that power lifting swolt.
Me, I'm not into bodybuilding, but I am an ultra marathoner and am huge about core strengthening. I don't use anything heavier than 35lb dumbbells.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Weightlifting is pretty much my passion. I go for about 2-21/2hrs 6 days a week. I have a lot of stress in my life right now and have a lot of trouble sleeping so working out relieves me of a lot of stress and helps me sleep. I'm not really into doing straight cardio but I do a lot of active rests and HIIT which takes care of my cardio with only about 45sec-1min rests between each set.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I don't think that would be very fair since everyone's body is different like taller people are naturally stronger because their muscles are longer. They may not look it visually but someone that's 6' and average looking could push close to the same amount as someone who's 5' 4" and looks huge. That's if the taller guy works out as well.

zapantha

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2012
American Canyon
I don't think that would be very fair since everyone's body is different like taller people are naturally stronger because their muscles are longer. They may not look it visually but someone that's 6' and average looking could push close to the same amount as someone who's 5' 4" and looks huge. That's if the taller guy works out as well.

It's never equal lol; we can throw up #s and height. Not like a contest but to get some motivation lol. Shoot can even be postin pics and stuff lol

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
I have been going to the gym for years to keep fit for motocross but only started lifting heavy weights for about the last 8 months

I go 6 days a week most weeks but try to go at least 4 days.

I'm quite strong and I'm not small but I seem to struggle to build any more muscle lol

TankDempsey

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2012
Third rock from the sun
same here ive been going for a little over a year and i am stuck benching 215 max. so what im doing is dropping weight, on reps i go down counting to 4 slowly then i explode up
crossing my fingers
What one of the guys I lift with showed me once, he called it benching from the bottom, by pretty much you set a bench up under a rack above you so you can set it down on the rack at the same level as your chest, so you push up without momentum every time.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ascarbo27

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2014
tampa fl
What one of the guys I lift with showed me once, he called it benching from the bottom, by pretty much you set a bench up under a rack above you so you can set it down on the rack at the same level as your chest, so you push up without momentum every time.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
yea basically what i do, i dont touch my chest with the bar ever i go till the bar is about an inch away

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store