Anybody into weight lifting/body building?

joel

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE GARDEN STATE
same here ive been going for a little over a year and i am stuck benching 215 max. so what im doing is dropping weight, on reps i go down counting to 4 slowly then i explode up
crossing my fingers
Do you ever change up your work outs? I change up routine often and find better results. I haven't used barbells in sometime now mainly dumb bells especially with chest. My gains are much better and overall look of my chest is also. I also have stopped setting a number for reps. I lift to fail each set.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ascarbo27

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2014
tampa fl
Do you ever change up your work outs? I change up routine often and find better results. I haven't used barbells in sometime now mainly dumb bells especially with chest. My gains are much better and overall look of my chest is also. I also have stopped setting a number for reps. I lift to fail each set.

yea that routine is a new one, i also tried 5 sets of 5 moving up in weight each set

joel

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE GARDEN STATE
i need to start a diet, but its high carb, high protein.
Protein is very important some say 1 gram per pound a day. I don't quite take that much. Plenty of great diets out there. For breakfast I keep it simple. I serving of cream of wheat with fresh fruit a couple slices of rye toast and 2 whole hard boiled eggs and 4 more egg whites.

scott s

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2010
Indiana
I have been lifting and taking BJJ classes for several years. I recently found some supplements that actually do what they say. I am very impressed.

Shoot me your email and I would be happy to show my 2 1/2 months progression pics and a link to check out the supplements.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Which supplements are they?

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
I'm just starting to get into it again. I'm almost 47 now so recovery is an issue. I just got a book called 5 3 1 by Weindler (spell) It seems to work for my recovery. I only go 4 times a week and it's about an hour to hour and a half in the gym, if, I don't have to wait for equipment.

Reactions: convict360

hanwyz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2013
United Kingdom
I need to get back into it... mostly just doing body weight stuff atm (current goal: do a pullup) but planning on doing Olympic lifts eventually... any suggestions on modifications so I don't need a bench?

zapantha

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2012
American Canyon
same here ive been going for a little over a year and i am stuck benching 215 max. so what im doing is dropping weight, on reps i go down counting to 4 slowly then i explode up
crossing my fingers
Try overload training with a slingshot (bench assister- basically a big elastic band), 1 - it allows you to hit 110% of your one rep max, 2 - it allows your muscles to get used to holding weight you couldn't normally hold by yourself (the rebound effect is only on the way up), 3 - psychologically it puts you in the mindset that you've already put the weight up before and can do it again without assistance

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store