Anybody into weight lifting/body building?

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
I hit the gym so when buddies need a tank moved I can take one side, and the three of them can take the other side.

But that's really not fair. My lazy old mom is built like a tank and can lift almost as much as me when she needs to, and all she lifts are twinkies.

I'm casual about it, not really shooting for numbers, just to stay healthy and useful into old age. I can deadlift 330 (1RM), bench 245, and squat about 215. My legs are prone to cramping so I take it easy. I often just do bodyweight, or plyometrics, once every two weeks a long bike ride, some sprinting, and just generally spend most of every day on my feet as much as is practical. Essentially, Primal Blueprint Fitness + my life.

Skittle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2012
PA
Yes im 16 and really trying to gain muscle. Agreed its a good stress releiver and good way to get rxercise. I really like it i do it 5-6 times a week and am hopin to get bigger over summer

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
oh how i wish i had the time and motivation to lift weights again

i used to love it. upper body was always my main focus.

i don't even remember how it's like to be skinny and have a six pack.

TankDempsey

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2012
Third rock from the sun
Someone before mentioned diet... this is a constant struggle for me to maintain mine. I had an ex body builder with a major in sports nutrition write mine but basically is like this:

Breakfast: 4 eggs, two egg whites and cheddar cheese all scrambled with salsa on top w/ two pieces of ww toast.

Meal 2: 2 scoops protein and oatmeal shake. Thing of Greek yogurt.

Lunch: pig out and eat lots of protein (school lunch)

Meal 4: same as meal 2

Dinner: two chicken breast w/ rice or something to substitute either.. serving of green vegetables and tall glass of milk.

Meal 6: hand full of peanuts and more yogurt.

Gallon of water a day.

And let me tell you.. along with a good pre workout (The Curse) this works like a dream!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ascarbo27

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2014
tampa fl
Someone before mentioned diet... this is a constant struggle for me to maintain mine. I had an ex body builder with a major in sports nutrition write mine but basically is like this:

Breakfast: 4 eggs, two egg whites and cheddar cheese all scrambled with salsa on top w/ two pieces of ww toast.

Meal 2: 2 scoops protein and oatmeal shake. Thing of Greek yogurt.

Lunch: pig out and eat lots of protein (school lunch)

Meal 4: same as meal 2

Dinner: two chicken breast w/ rice or something to substitute either.. serving of green vegetables and tall glass of milk.

Meal 6: hand full of peanuts and more yogurt.

Gallon of water a day.

And let me tell you.. along with a good pre workout (The Curse) this works like a dream!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Try adrenalin 4.0 for preworkout when I take preworkout I want the itch and the adrenalin and this provides all needs/wants

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store