anyone had this problem

cichlid

Feeder Fish
Feb 3, 2006
beijing
StefanW;4237418; said:
Hi Richard,

even if they are still coughing sometimes, I'd now raise the temperature up to 86-88°F. This will stimulate their appetite........and I'd already use wormex for the second treatment, what you can surely imagine ;) It's cheaper, safer and trustier working against all worms hatching because of a longer lasting possiblity of treatment.

If you want to use tremazol also for the second time, you should do the second treatment after only 5 days and also a third treatment after only 3 more days, which means 8 days from the beginning of the measure. The information given on the instruction leaflet (even on the german one, I think, there is the same info on the english version) is not appropriate for your water temperature and will not kill all worms hatching until laying unreachable eggs themselfes again, cause it's dedicated to the development of gill worms at lower temperatures!!

Regards
Stefan

hi, StefanW and everybody in the forum. I am a new guy from China. I think i have a same problem on my moto ray marble. However, i can get the wormex or tremazol in China. Could i use PRAZIQUANTEL TABLETS directly? If i can , how and what is the dosage? Thanks!

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
It's crazy after this thread how many cases of gill worm has happened

2 in Asia and and I know of at least 2 others in the UK

Many lots of rays have had it the past but no one knew how to spot it

I hope all the rays affected recovered well

skynoch

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2007
edmonton alberta canada
T1KARMANN;4823101; said:
It's crazy after this thread how many cases of gill worm has happened

2 in Asia and and I know of at least 2 others in the UK

Many lots of rays have had it the past but no one knew how to spot it

I hope all the rays affected recovered well
I do agree that this was probably one of the things that killed rays before and we just chalked it up to unexplained deaths. I remember when most people were using prazi to treat internal parasites or worms thinking this is what they were killing when all along it was probably gill flukes.

Energy

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2005
Tropical Minnesota
We need a clear synopsis of the treatment and symptoms in a condensed post. Then we need to sticky this!

Instead of going through thirteen pages trying to decipher what, who when and where if we could get one decisive summary I think it could be a huge benefit to the hobby in general.

And then we need to get this at the top of the page i.e sticky so it is quickly available to all as a reference.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
For me the treatment was tremazol which worked perfect for me it's expencive and hard to find but as it worked for me it was worth every penny

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Jungle Parasite Clear for those that don't know, would be considered a shotgun medication that contains, [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Active ingredients: praziquantel; N-[[(N-Chlorophenyl)amino]carbon 1]-2,6-difluorobenzamide; metronidazole; acriflavine.

Metronidazole
: is that not only is it a parsitic med it also works against anaerobic bacteria in conjuntion with protozoa.
Difluorobenzamide: its Dimilin used for lice, flukes and anchorworms.
Prazi: is parsitic
Acriflavin: is used as an anticeptic and in the treatment of Columnaris and Velvet

[/FONT]

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
if Richard used Jungle paracite clear, does anyone think that would have done the job? Or does it have to be tremazol?
I don't own any rays, was Just interested...

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Few questions here as this is likely one of the most informative threads I've seen along these lines in a long time, maybe ever. I've tried seeking help on this forum for Gill Flukes several times and always get conflicting info on meds and timetables involved in treatment. I've tried different sections of the forum and after several thread attempts I still haven't got half what this thread contains.

Tremazol, wormex, Prazi Pro, parasite clear. All these meds are used for Gill Flukes. Is it just the Praziquantel we're after? Is it safe to assume they all work the same but are delivered differently OR are the dosages of the actual Praziquantal different between the meds?

Is this a case where they all work as long as they are used against the flukes life cycle at our temps meaning treatment with any of the above mentioned on a given time table?

Is it safe to assume that no matter which of these meds is used, they all must be used on the 1st 5th and 8th day of treatment to kill ALL the flukes?

Hope to get a response back as I've lost several rays over the years to what I believe to be the same root cause.

Would love to finally have some answers.

Thank you very much in advance :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store