Iowa
Bump for some enlightenment.......

:)

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Personal experience , I prefer Metronidazole to Prazi. But I was told to treat with full doses everyday with 50%
water changes before treatment. Do this for 7-10 days then give ray a break for a week then treat again keeping temp in the 80-82 range
to catch the newborn parasites. The whole reason for treating everyday is because Metronidazole degrades/dissapates
in the water and is not effective after 24 hours.
At least that is how it was explained to me. I am not familiar with Tremazol or wormex.

It worked for my female flower where the Prazi didn't even phase her. She had all the classic signs of parasites and didn't eat for 3 and half
weeks and two full prazi treatments. 7 days after first treatment of Metro and she showed signs of sifting and by 8th day she was eating.
Granted we were never sure what type of parasites but it worked.

michalm

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
MA
ShadowStryder;4992617; said:
Personal experience , I prefer Metronidazole to Prazi. But I was told to treat with full doses everyday with 50%
water changes before treatment. Do this for 7-10 days then give ray a break for a week then treat again keeping temp in the 80-82 range
to catch the newborn parasites. The whole reason for treating everyday is because Metronidazole degrades/dissapates
At least that is how it was explained to me. I am not familiar with Tremazol or wormex.

It worked for my female flower where the Prazi didn't even phase her. She had all the classic signs of parasites and didn't eat for 3 and half
weeks and two full prazi treatments. 7 days after first treatment of Metro and she showed signs of sifting and by 8th day she was eating.
Can you show us what exactly Metronidazole are you using ? Store link etc... maybe this on ? http://www.bigalsonline.com/product...=ComparisonShopping_Google&CAWELAID=388700505

I had problem with my rays and I was using Prazi, unfortunately rays died.

Thanks !

michalm

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
MA

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
ShadowStryder;4992617; said:

Thank you Shadow. :)

This is exactly what I have going on. Prazi is doing NOTHING.

So 10 days of full dosing with Metro. Off for a week. Then treat again for what another week?

Guess I should have ordered like 300 tablets instead of 100 :irked:

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
michalm;4993282; said:
Can you show us what exactly Metronidazole are you using ? Store link etc... maybe this on ? http://www.bigalsonline.com/product...=ComparisonShopping_Google&CAWELAID=388700505

I had problem with my rays and I was using Prazi, unfortunately rays died.

Thanks !

I used Metro Plus, But I have also used Veterinary grade straight Metronidazole on africans before. You can buy it bulk from I believe it is Jehmco.com. But you have to remember it is best to know which type of parasite before treatements as a lot of parasitic meds target a specific parasite. Unless you use something like Parasite clear which has multiple types of parasite meds, then the rays are stressed from multitudes of meds. I was shooting in the dark as I didn't have a Microscope and the Vetinary clinic wouldn't scope it for me.

DB junkie;4994744; said:
Thank you Shadow. :)

This is exactly what I have going on. Prazi is doing NOTHING.

So 10 days of full dosing with Metro. Off for a week. Then treat again for what another week?

Guess I should have ordered like 300 tablets instead of 100 :irked:
PM'd

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store