Anyone have any hybrid projects going on?

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
The main point of using parrot in flowerhorn type hybrid breeding was having vieja shape along with the solid color fade for the fry.
It doesn't ever seem to matter how many thousands of fish you've grown for people to trust your knowledge. :grinno:
Nice fish, I have a few projects going myself.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

tthompson67e1r9

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2021
The main point of using parrot in flowerhorn type hybrid breeding was having vieja shape along with the solid color fade for the fry.
It doesn't ever seem to matter how many thousands of fish you've grown for people to trust your knowledge. :grinno:
Nice fish, I have a few projects going myself.
[/QUOTE blood parrots are trash and use to breed in infertility/2-3 year maturity times. You don’t need a blood parrot to produce full red fish because of you did there would be no blood parrot. All you need is a full colored fader and a fish with red genes. You also don’t need a blood parrot for the vieja shape. If you have raised enough flower horns you will find those morphs without the blood parrot. It’s no longer needed. The genes are already there. I’ve produce flat face kamfa silks from Inbreeding gb siblings. Stop listening the rhetoric from Asia. It’s mostly crap.

tthompson67e1r9

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2021
That and also to hide the fact that many of them are using Methyl test in their feed to promote more pigment deposition which causes sterility and then they just blame it on the blood parrot. Trying to find the needle in the haystack that’s sent sterilized from the steroids.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Here’s his f2 father, and his jag mother. https://fb.watch/5c5SbKLpdK/, first photo his father at 5-6”, next photo was when he was 2.5-3” these are f2. The next 3 photos are of his grand parents. Ugly ass f1 female jag horn and and f1 goldenbase (I produced f1 cross from other goldenbase so technically not f1) and the last photo is of the f0 great grandparents on the fatherside.

View attachment 1459108

View attachment 1459109

View attachment 1459112

View attachment 1459113

View attachment 1459114

View attachment 1459115
Personally I don't mind the F1 jaghorn. Sure it doesn't look as nice as the 2 in the first pic but I still think it looks nice. Personally I think it would be neat to see a FH with the jag pattern and colors on it. Also makes me wonder what a fader FH and Gold jag would make for a jaghorn.

tthompson67e1r9

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2021
Personally I don't mind the F1 jaghorn. Sure it doesn't look as nice as the 2 in the first pic but I still think it looks nice. Personally I think it would be neat to see a FH with the jag pattern and colors on it. Also makes me wonder what a fader FH and Gold jag would make for a jaghorn.

tthompson67e1r9

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2021
I have a friend that crossed and one of my chupacabra og faders with a gold jag. As of now they look no different than mine. Though there is a good possibility the gold jag will make them more yellow like a xanthic jag. And yellow and white do not contrast very well. Not a fan of the xanthic jags

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I have a friend that crossed and one of my chupacabra og faders with a gold jag. As of now they look no different than mine. Though there is a good possibility the gold jag will make them more yellow like a xanthic jag. And yellow and white do not contrast very well. Not a fan of the xanthic jags
True true same could be said for me. But I have seen some truly magnificent golden jags before. Not like that would make much of a difference when it comes down to the fry tho. Only difference I could see being made is just what strain of FH ya use. I would imagine that a Kamfa and Kamfamalau would end up more white and yellow while while a Red Dragon would end up more red and gold, golden base probably wouldn't change much tho.

tthompson67e1r9

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2021
These technically have srd and goldenbase in them. The jag horn female was an srd x jag. Personally to me. All flower horns look the same with some variation in pearling and color. But I’m the end it’s the same 3 or 4 morphs with different names. Everyone has their own breed that looks like everyone else’s. The flowerhorn hobby is stagnant and they are bearing a dead horse at this point. I low flower horns but I’m sick of seeing the same fish. If you inbreed your flower horns enough you will get every breed that comes out of Asia. All their breeds are not breeds they are morphs which cause a lot of confusion and these morphs can be produced by almost any flowerhorn pair with enough time and effort.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
These technically have srd and goldenbase in them. The jag horn female was an srd x jag. Personally to me. All flower horns look the same with some variation in pearling and color. But I’m the end it’s the same 3 or 4 morphs with different names. Everyone has their own breed that looks like everyone else’s. The flowerhorn hobby is stagnant and they are bearing a dead horse at this point. I low flower horns but I’m sick of seeing the same fish. If you inbreed your flower horns enough you will get every breed that comes out of Asia. All their breeds are not breeds they are morphs which cause a lot of confusion and these morphs can be produced by almost any flowerhorn pair with enough time and effort.
True true they do all pretty well share the same gene's from the same species, it's just different proportions for each strain. Seen some truly stunning FH's tho, leagues above the many mass produced copies. This here is one that I would love to have but just haven't found any close enough yet. Not a huge fan of the big kok tho.

hqdefault (1).jpg

Reactions: Bbuckley

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Currently I'm growing out my female fader SRD a boyfriend so to speak. Got 3 possible mate lined up but it's starting to look like I only got 1 male out of the 3. 2 of the 3 are from a female red dragon mixed with a male Trimac, so not the best looking but definitely better then others I've seen. The odd one out is just a texas that I was hoping was going to be male but looks like it's a female since it has the black dorsal spot. Granted their all still only 3.5in atm so got another half in to grow before I'll know for certain who is what. Btw this is a pic of the female I'm currently working with atm. She's roughly 3 years old and definitely a runt at only 5.5in.

cameringo_20210208_211923.jpg

Reactions: Bbuckley
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store