Anyone into target shooting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Yeah I like semis but I think shotguns are my all time favorite, mainly because you can do so much with them.
I LOVE shooting shot guns! Love skeet and they are allot of fun on computers that have run their course. I unfortunately sold mine cause it didn't get much time since I moved away from my skeet shooting buddies. My wife who really isn't into guns said she wouldn't mind getting an over under and shooting skeet.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Love target shooting with my .22's.

The straightest piece I have come across is my 22 Heckler & Koch, semi, with 20 bullets. Put them all in the same place in seconds.:)

MTBjake

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2011
Menifee, Ca
I like cans cause you don't have to guess if you hit the target or not. If they move you hit it. As far as biodegradable goes I hear melons are wonderful for large caliber. I have not tried anything like that they are to tasty to blow up.

Would love to hear what gear you guys bring.

My favorites in order are

SP101 4.2" - .22lr
SP101 4.2" - .357
SR22P - .22lr
Browning Buckmark Pistol -.22LR
Kimber Target II in .45acp -this is the best gun I have ever shot but just can't get over the cost of shooting it. That is why it is last place

Waiting on my GP100 6" .357 to come in I am sure it will climb to the top of the list.

I try to stick with guns with like ammo cause it starts getting heavy to carry. I stick with .22lr, .38/.357, .233
IMO, the 6" GP100 is one of the best 357s out there. Such a fun gun. I love mine.
I get out to the range at least once a month as long as ammo is in supply. I like to keep my family aware and trained. My 12yr old daughter is a decent marksman (or markswoman) and prefers to shoot my M&P 45 or Glock 21sf. I have steel targets that we take out with us and sometimes I'll use scrap lumber for any other targets I'll knock together(biodegradable and reusable is a +) There are too many irresponsible shooters in my area that bring out TONS of trash and leave are all their crap behind. No bueno.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

JonY3k

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Ohio Wooster
I target shoot as much as I can but with the wet weather it is hard to get out. I have only done it once this year. I shoot anything from 17 HMR to 338 LM and most hand gun cals. I try to do most of my work on my tanks in the winter so I do not have to worry about them as much during the summer. Considering the other topics that I see on MFKs I do not see how talking about legally owning or shooting guns is a problem.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Just last month I took my son to the range to let him handle and fire a gun for the first time.He was a little intimidated and didn't even want to take the gun as I handed it to him at first but after a few minutes he got comfortable and started to familiarize himself with it.I wanted to start him on one of my .22 caliber guns but due to the shortage I guess there was no ammo at the range so he had to go with my H&K. 9mm pistol.

MTBjake

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2011
Menifee, Ca
Just last month I took my son to the range to let him handle and fire a gun for the first time.He was a little intimidated and didn't even want to take the gun as I handed it to him at first but after a few minutes he got comfortable and started to familiarize himself with it.I wanted to start him on one of my .22 caliber guns but due to the shortage I guess there was no ammo at the range so he had to go with my H&K. 9mm pistol.
Nice. My 8 yr old son is really apprehensive and doesn't really like shooting but he loves going with me which is cool. My 7 yr old son, however, thinks he's Rambo or something. "Dad can I shoot the 12ga by myself? How about the 357??"...uuuuummm, no. Lol

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
My 7 yr old son, however, thinks he's Rambo or something. "Dad can I shoot the 12ga by myself? How about the 357??"...uuuuummm, no. Lol
Oh, come on Dad. Just put a helmet on him....................and maybe a matress behind him. Then get the whole thing on video ;)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Nice. My 8 yr old son is really apprehensive and doesn't really like shooting but he loves going with me which is cool. My 7 yr old son, however, thinks he's Rambo or something. "Dad can I shoot the 12ga by myself? How about the 357??"...uuuuummm, no. Lol
Haha I would like to find an outdoor range or even someplace where we can try skeet shooting.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Considering the other topics that I see on MFKs I do not see how talking about legally owning or shooting guns is a problem.
Guns was not the issue.

The constant private-parts measuring fights, name calling, profanity, and flame-fests caused gun topics to be banned. The staff has enough to with without having to constantly referee threads that had noting to do with fish-keeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store