Anything Caquetaia!

Collins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2009
Australia, Victoria
Great thread! Good to see some more caquetaia keepers!
I keep a caquetaia umbriferum myself currently around 12 inch, sex unidentified.
I have a few questions about diet as im running out of my current pellets (home made high protein from a local cichlid breeder) Other than these pellets this fish has been fed a variety of live insects and some quality feeders (when i had room to breed them)

What i would like to know is what diet would give an umbee optimum growth and colour? Which pellets, any other recommended foods like beef heart or certain shrimp?

I was thinking of trying hikari gold/insects/shrimp

bradhodgy

Feeder Fish
Jul 29, 2010
USA
Caquetaia spectabilis is a predator beautiful and great. This large predator mouth protrusible ambush was typed by Steindachner in 1875. spectibilis C. is a hardy fish with an assortment of shocking blue, yellow, orange and green and is a must for lovers of cichlid predators.

auratum

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2008
Michigan
Question on Umbi's. I have been really unimpressed with the pictures of the Panama Green version of this fish - the color just doesn't seem to pop like the standard blue form. Is this a case of being difficult to photograph, lack of large adults to get good photos of, or just the fish not being as brightly colored?

at7447

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Livonia Mi
love all the pictures. My fav fish are the umbees. I finally have some F1 fry from Jason about 2" and some F1's from Ira around 4". Super excited to see what these guys will look like as adults

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store