"Aqua scape" for datnoids?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yes,there are threads around the forum of rays that have eaten or killed some pretty pricey tankmates.

TakeNotes

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2010
In The Jungle
Darn alright then. Would some polys be good bottom dwellers?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I've seen my Endli and Ornate polys snap at my smaller ray. Also I have a friend whose endli tried to eat a small ray and ended up killing it and spitting t out... Also some other members here warned me that when rays get larger they are capable of chewing chunks off of a poly. I removed my polys from my main tank and lost 3 smaller datnoids as well even after they had been in the tank for weeks.

Id say play it safe and leave the bottom for the rays.

mattstevens1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2012
deer park ny
I've seen my Endli and Ornate polys snap at my smaller ray. Also I have a friend whose endli tried to eat a small ray and ended up killing it and spitting t out... Also some other members here warned me that when rays get larger they are capable of chewing chunks off of a poly. I removed my polys from my main tank and lost 3 smaller datnoids as well even after they had been in the tank for weeks.

Id say play it safe and leave the bottom for the rays.
I mean would be polys be good in PLACE of stingrays since everyone is saying stingrays will eat my datnoids :p

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
Rays will eat any little fish. Get big dats and small rays as the dats grow slow. And dats aren't likely to be aggressive to rays or other fish, usually just their own kind.

NEVER GET 2 DATNOIDS. Get at least 3, ideally 5+. Or 1.

Also, your tank might be sort of small for standard sized rays but not for polies.

I don't think the polies will stand a chance of catching dats.

mattstevens1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2012
deer park ny
Rays will eat any little fish. Get big dats and small rays as the dats grow slow. And dats aren't likely to be aggressive to rays or other fish, usually just their own kind.

NEVER GET 2 DATNOIDS. Get at least 3, ideally 5+. Or 1.
Looking to get around 4-5 and like a pair of rays. I guess i'll hold out on the rays until the dats get a nice size.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store