"Aqua scape" for datnoids?

Jdmxluv

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Koreatown
i started off with small datnoids with small bichirs. ive kept almost every bichir. and the least aggressive bichirs were senegals and delhezi's ive had most trouble with the endlicheri;s. swallowing most of my fishes. and also i dont know where he gets "NEVER GET 2 DATNOIDS. Get at least 3, ideally 5+. Or 1." ive kept bichirs for more the 6 yrs never had a problem with pairs or odds. as long as you put in work to care for these fishes you wont have a problem. unless it gets eaten. as for the rays. i would suggest you to get big datnoids if your gonna keep it with rays. 4-5" datnoid should be fine depend on how big of a ray your going to get make sure it is big enough so the ray cant swallow (yikes that didnt sound right -.-) sorry admin. well Good Luck and Have Fun.

rgonzales

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2009
where i dont wanna be
i started off with small datnoids with small bichirs. ive kept almost every bichir. and the least aggressive bichirs were senegals and delhezi's ive had most trouble with the endlicheri;s. swallowing most of my fishes. and also i dont know where he gets "NEVER GET 2 DATNOIDS. Get at least 3, ideally 5+. Or 1." ive kept bichirs for more the 6 yrs never had a problem with pairs or odds. as long as you put in work to care for these fishes you wont have a problem. unless it gets eaten. as for the rays. i would suggest you to get big datnoids if your gonna keep it with rays. 4-5" datnoid should be fine depend on how big of a ray your going to get make sure it is big enough so the ray cant swallow (yikes that didnt sound right -.-) sorry admin. well Good Luck and Have Fun.
the reason for not just 2 dats is to disperse aggression

hoangvu71

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
Anaheim Ca
Talking about aquascaping. Are you planning on adding plants? If so, you should first put some cheap/extra Anubias in first. Some dats have the tendency of ripping it out, some dont. So just in case, put in the less expensive plants in for the experiment.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I have never kept any live plants with any of my dats but ripping up plants is a new one to me...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Think it all depends on the individual dat and their personalities concerning compatibility with plants. I've had a couple IT's that would tear them out from the root. These couple were fine with them till the dats got big, then they went postal on them. My ST can't go 2 seconds with a plant in there. He will pick it up and smash it against against the glass to destroy it relentlessly. Having said that, all my plants were fake ones. Never tried live plants but the i think the outcome might of been the same. It seemed to be the dominant dats that would eventually hate the plants

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store