AR 15 owners need your advice

beex215

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2006
usa
racking the slide is one of most odiot things ever. cant you just have one in the tube instead of waiting to put one in? what the dilio yo? racking the slide would scare pigeons or mice. who carries a handgun on the street with none in the chamber? are you waiting to test the theory of racking your slide back when danger is around to scare the enemy. good luck.

also i think any gun is obviously better than none. there are just some that are more practical. i wouldnt mine blasting away my ak if i had to. id go rambo if i must.

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
leather;5054863; said:
Those are 139 gr scenars, loaded with h4831. I don't remember the exact charge I'd have to look in my ammo box but wouldn't feel comfortable posting it anyway (might be a little on the hot side :D) . I have found 140 gr hornady sst to work good with h4831 in my other 6.5x284. H4831 is one of my favorite powders. I use it with wonderful results in my 6mm rem., 6.5 creedmore, 260 rem, 6.5 WSM, 7mm weatherby, 7x300 weatherby, and 300 WSM.
I use H4831 extensively in 7.62x54 180gr and D-166 200gr loads. Something I love about it is it compresses beautifully and safely in this caliber..Combined with the BC of the SMK or D-166 it makes for a very flat shooting round at just the right velocity. Easily get 1" groups at 200m with this combination.

Caoboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2008
Modesto CA
Pejelajarto;5054889; said:
I use H4831 extensively in 7.62x54 180gr and D-166 200gr loads. Something I love about it is it compresses beautifully and safely in this caliber..Combined with the BC of the SMK or D-166 it makes for a very flat shooting round at just the right velocity. Easily get 1" groups at 200m with this combination.
Look on youtube...there is a guy trying to get 5 out of 5 on a 18 or 24" plate at 1000 yards with a mosin ex dragoon I believe. Same scope they used back in WW2. Crazy stuff, all he did was work up a load, and free float the barrel and bed the original stock...I think his best was 3 out of 5 last I saw of his videos.

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
Caoboy;5054945; said:
Look on youtube...there is a guy trying to get 5 out of 5 on a 18 or 24" plate at 1000 yards with a mosin ex dragoon I believe. Same scope they used back in WW2. Crazy stuff, all he did was work up a load, and free float the barrel and bed the original stock...I think his best was 3 out of 5 last I saw of his videos.
He is using the same rifle I use... In fact I think his in in the same manufacture group as mine. 1943 Mosin 91/30 PU. Yeah that guy is a damn good handloader and shooter.

motoracer110

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2010
Colorado
beex215;5054888; said:
racking the slide is one of most odiot things ever. cant you just have one in the tube instead of waiting to put one in? what the dilio yo? racking the slide would scare pigeons or mice. who carries a handgun on the street with none in the chamber? are you waiting to test the theory of racking your slide back when danger is around to scare the enemy. good luck.

also i think any gun is obviously better than none. there are just some that are more practical. i wouldnt mine blasting away my ak if i had to. id go rambo if i must.

Lol hell ya :headbang2 Here's the best security system i own and got it for only $375. any idiot can shoot it and its more of a one shot is all you need weapon. I like to load both Buckshot and Slugs just in case

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
Caoboy;5057496; said:
Sure you want to use slugs?

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot3.htm

Just sayin'.

IDK how much more 'realworld' testing you can get other than the box o' truth. Anybody else know any better sources?
As much as knowing basic ballistic penetration etc. is useful, really there is nothing "realworld" that is in there. Helps more or less in just understanding the concept of what is real Cover and what is merely concealment. In self defense shooting, ammo choice is of little matter what does matter is knowing when to take a shot, when not to and how to set up that shot you need to take and keep it to your advantage. Key to all of it is "make your adversary dead or immobilized"..

Here are a few quotes by various that are essential to understand about Gunfighting.

#1. Bring a gun

Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when an Angel blows the powder from the flintlock of your musket." At a practice session, throw you gun into the mud, then make sure it still works. You can clean it later. (like an AK)

In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.

If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.

Decide NOW to be aggressive ENOUGH, quicklyENOUGH.

Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

If you are not shooting, you should be reloading and running.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store