Arapaima Faded Fin Tip & Rot

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Impressive effort. This fish seems to be in good hands.

Luc70

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2009
Bangkok, Thailand
Hello Tom,
Aside from the fact that I am really attached to him, Thai people are suspicious to the extreme. And living here for almost 9 years, you get affected by it. Him being sick or worse affects our company, it's very straight and simple.
Mr. T. is as much part of our company as anybody else working for TES AMM. and given that he decided to get into our company, he will get the same care as anybody.

He's also the first to be remembered by anybody visiting. Customers just love the sight of my housekeeping lady feeding him. ( which of course 'accidentally' always happens just when we walk around the factory and end up at the pond...lol
Business has been very good ever since he is there...

After 2 years with him, I am very very attached to him looking with those drooling eyes every morning when i come in. It is always the first thing every morning to go to his pond, talking aloud to him and believe me...I have had many sleepless nights last couple of weeks with the cold weather. And there's another couple of even more cold days coming...

When i found him, i had absolute zero experience with any fish bigger than 15cm and I got quite some negatives initially here on MFK for going all out to get him a proper home. So succeeding until now, i am very proud on how far we got and given all that, sure I do whatever I can to make sure he's ok...

Besides, who else on MFK has a 5 foot Arapaima that has table-manners like Mr. T.... ;-p

Cheers,
Luc

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Luc70

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2009
Bangkok, Thailand
Update, finished the heater. Its on the roof for now. Water coming out is 28-29'Celcius, but very low speed.
Might take it of the roof on Monday, see how it goes running today and tomorrow.
It will run from 9am to 6pm.
Water this morning 22'C, afternoon it got to 23. If I manage to get 2 more degrees in it, then I should be fine.

Mr. T today hungry and feeling better with the water a bit warmer.
Tail no change, but at least does not get worse for now.
Still daily 4 cups of salt, but then with water-changes, that does not get anywhere close to overdosing.
Water is crystal, at least something positive.

Pictures later.

Cheers,
Luc

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Good news, please keep us posted on the progress. Sounds like things are moving in the right direction.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
How's things going?

Luc70

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2009
Bangkok, Thailand
Hello Tom,

Came in an hour ago, water at 23'C after an 18'C Night. So that's good.
Arapaima active, swimming around, will get his food soon, he snapped on pallets initially, but is not keen on them..spoiled brat as he is..
Tail still same, no improvements.

Lucky it has been clear blue sky for weeks now, so in a couple of minutes, heater should start up.
Still need to put the plastic cover over it later today.

Cheers,
Luc

Luc70

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2009
Bangkok, Thailand
Coming 5 nights will be cold. Min temp will be 15 to 17'Celcius. It's only couple of hours per night, but hope all precautions are enough to keep temperature steady at 23.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store