Are STs breeding in captivity now?

Aro_addict

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2011
Hawaii
yes i agree with all of you if in the future these small STs coming in can be truly confirmed as real STs i will buy them but for now im just gonna assume theses are 3 bars

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
yes i agree with all of you if in the future these small STs coming in can be truly confirmed as real STs i will buy them but for now im just gonna assume theses are 3 bars
The problem is you're using common names..."ST". It's impossible to confirm. One thing's for sure though, it's said that there are NO MORE D. Pulcher in the Chao Praya/Thailand. These others guys come from Cambodia. Like krichardson mentioned, there's really no way of knowing if all these new-age STs are truly D. Pulcher.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
See this video...if these small Dats are not ST, then I don't know how you want to define them....
[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/thanhlonghai#p/u/6/uqV2ArvB-4g[/video]
To me they do look like the classic "ST" Pulcher from the Chao Praya. Many of the ones I've seen recently, do not. Whether they are actually ITs or a geographic variant of D. Pulcher, I have no idea, and neither do any other self-proclaimed datnoid "expert".

rgonzales

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2009
where i dont wanna be
For sure they are not cb pulcher, the only way to tell if they are true pulcher or 3 bar it would be genetic testing which has been mentioned in almost all of these threads

pURPLEcHILLIrED123

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2009
Earth
See this video...if these small Dats are not ST, then I don't know how you want to define them....
Those are some very nice looking tiger fish. I would pay good money for one if available here in the States. Instead of asking are these ST's, We should be asking the suppliers - where are they catching them? These all have the ST tail, but some, the middle bar looks like IT. Regardless, I would buy one if available.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
The problem is you're using common names..."ST". It's impossible to confirm. One thing's for sure though, it's said that there are NO MORE D. Pulcher in the Chao Praya/Thailand. These others guys come from Cambodia. Like krichardson mentioned, there's really no way of knowing if all these new-age STs are truly D. Pulcher.
While it's a common name, does ST is more specific, since it stands for Siamese Tiger? Don't you know at one time, IT was classified as D. pulcher?

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Yes, those are ST or D. pulcher in my eyes.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
While it's a common name, does ST is more specific, since it stands for Siamese Tiger? Don't you know at one time, IT was classified as D. pulcher?
Yeah but what is Siamese Tiger? It's just a common name that causes confusion, along with CT, VT, etc.

Luc

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
They def have to be exported from the nearest country to Thailand where they not banned for export.....naturally right?
How to tell they ST? I would say, by gut-feeling and looking at it. Well, it is up to individuals....if you dun believe they are....then you will never own one.
Japs did n paid premium for them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store