Are STs breeding in captivity now?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The way that I understand it a pulcher can be an ST but all pulchers are not ST'S.....

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
How to tell they ST? I would say, by gut-feeling and looking at it. Well, it is up to individuals.
That's pretty much all there is to it. Besides, what's in a name anyway, or a "label"? If you like the fish and feel the price is worth it, buy it. Who cares what it's labeled as. Unless you're one of those pretentious fishkeeping snobs that collects fish and treats them as a status symbol, as opposed to those who simply keep fish for the love of, well, fish :)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That's pretty much all there is to it. Besides, what's in a name anyway, or a "label"? If you like the fish and feel the price is worth it, buy it. Who cares what it's labeled as. Unless you're one of those pretentious fishkeeping snobs that collects fish and treats them as a status symbol, as opposed to those who simply keep fish for the love of, well, fish :)
Ha ha....a little long for a sig but worthy anyway.

Luc

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
Don't get me wrong brudder....STs are by all means not an expensive fish or symbol of status. In our country a 4 inches L105 costs SG$4500/pc(when first launch) or a mysterious knifefish at 5 inches was sold for SG$5000/pc etc...it is just too common.

Luc

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
My apologies to bros that feel offended.
Let's not sway away from the original topic. On whether, they are STs or not, not important now.
Perhaps, a DNA test can tell us more
Here is another Video...all IT tail Dats
[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/thanhlonghai#p/u/5/KgwnuNBSVeM[/video]

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
Don't get me wrong brudder....STs are by all means not an expensive fish or symbol of status. In our country a 4 inches L105 costs SG$4500/pc(when first launch) or a mysterious knifefish at 5 inches was sold for SG$5000/pc etc...it is just too common.
Not at all, I was speaking about you specifically, just in general.

Luc

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
Question on whether ST are in Captivity Bred or not......we also do not have concrete proof. Possibly WC or possibly smaller number of successful breeding.....since if it is so easy, the Taiwanese, or a few farm breeders in SG would have done it already....with big ST brooders in mud ponds for quite some time.

pURPLEcHILLIrED123

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2009
Earth
My apologies to bros that feel offended.
Let's not sway away from the original topic. On whether, they are STs or not, not important now.
Perhaps, a DNA test can tell us more
Here is another Video...all IT tail Dats
[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/thanhlonghai#p/u/5/KgwnuNBSVeM[/video]
What is the difference in price for the dats? How much does the ST with ST tail marking go for and how much does the ST with IT tail marking go for?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store