Aro swimming on his side.

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
how's he doing today...any luck with crickets? Any signs of external injury?
I haven't gotten any crickets yet. No sign of external injury except what he had when I bought him (missing an eye and part of his gill plate). I'm going to go to the store and get crickets now. I may also get some earthworms for him.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
That's probably why it was swimming like that. No eye on one side. It might have had some internal injuries that you couldn't see also.

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
That's probably why it was swimming like that. No eye on one side. It might have had some internal injuries that you couldn't see also.
Do you think that would cause him to swim like that? I tried crickets and he didn't want anything to do with them. I'm stumped at this point. Any advice is greatly appreciated

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Looks like he might be on his last string. He's completely on his side and at times he will go belly up then spin around. He spirals to the top of the tank too. Wonderful birthday present for me.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I'm going to guess he was a rescue operation being the condition you bought him in. Its the chance we take when we buy fish we know aren't doing well. Best thing you can do is wait it out and see if he recovers. If not then you did what you could for him.

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
I'm going to guess he was a rescue operation being the condition you bought him in. Its the chance we take when we buy fish we know aren't doing well. Best thing you can do is wait it out and see if he recovers. If not then you did what you could for him.
Yea he was a rescue. I just don't know why he was eating fine then all of a sudden he wouldn't eat. But I've tried everything. I just gave him another salt bath. I really hope he pulls through. I know it's just a fish but it makes me kind of sad lol. I feel like it's all my fault.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Yea he was a rescue. I just don't know why he was eating fine then all of a sudden he wouldn't eat. But I've tried everything. I just gave him another salt bath. I really hope he pulls through. I know it's just a fish but it makes me kind of sad lol. I feel like it's all my fault.

As stated there may have been internal injuries that you had no idea about. They may have progressed with time and finally caught up with him. You did what you could for him.

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
I'm really surprised he's still alive after the pic several days ago when he was sideways on the bottom. Looked like his spine is bent too a bit. Is he swimming up top with any improvement?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store