T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
i have had over 20 asian aros and not one got drop eye

i have a 28 inch red now thats over 6 years old and no drop eye

i think its genes or the way you feed them

i never let the aro feed from the tank base and only feed insects dropped in one by one

to much debate about drop eye i just stick to what works for me

i would be well pissed off if i just paid 24k money and it got drop eye

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ

Nithin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2012
India
Hopefully he means 24K as "gold" meaning he just bought a Gold Aro and not $24,000 in cash.
i think he means the fish

Sent from my GT-S5360 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
come on guys i do know what a 24k is i have had one myself

hes in the uk so it would have cost him £900-1200 so i would still be pissed paying that on a aro that has a defect

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
come on guys i do know what a 24k is i have had one myself.
From my point (usa) im not familiar with the term 24k. So my statement was more for my clarification than bashing on anyone.....

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Nithin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2012
India
From my point (usa) im not familiar with the term 24k. So my statement was more for my clarification than bashing on anyone.....

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
well said

strawwoodclaw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2012
Brighouse UK
It says 24K Goldenhead on his papers.

I am very pissed off but what can I do?? he hasn't got drop eye bad but it's definitely there, I've had other Arros & never had the problem & didn't think my fish would get it but he's got it. He was fine when he arrived then one month later I notice it .

I read that somebody fed a silver arowana a frozen prawn & notice it got drop eye straight after. I put a frozen prawn in thinking my stingray would get it but my Arowana grabbed it so maybe thats how it happened ??
I normally wait for them to thaw but I was in a rush

If his drop eye doesn't get any worse I'm sure me & the fish will be able to live with it.

I had a HUGE RTG that like to eat off the bottom of the tank & he never got drop eye, he would let food drop to the bottom & then eat it. With my juvenile 24K I feed him morio worms one at a time ,I'm thinking the frozen prawn or my mate spooking the fish caused it

FISHSTICKS89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2012
vancity
im not very exped im only on my second juvi silver. my 1st silver with drop eye is 19 inches. i honestly belive it comes from stress and head trama. my 1st arrow was dyed pink;( i belivr that stress caused him to develop iy, and also stress on the eye trying to go beyond its line of site, example getting food off the floor. as much as ive tried to prevent it. pingpongs and all thoes. he still got it. i still love him just as much drop eye or no drop eye, but i wish it was preventable, also all the time hitting the glass wall doing there laps im sure does a number on they poor eyes.

Sent from my SGH-T959P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
It says 24K Goldenhead on his papers.

I am very pissed off but what can I do?? he hasn't got drop eye bad but it's definitely there, I've had other Arros & never had the problem & didn't think my fish would get it but he's got it. He was fine when he arrived then one month later I notice it .

I read that somebody fed a silver arowana a frozen prawn & notice it got drop eye straight after. I put a frozen prawn in thinking my stingray would get it but my Arowana grabbed it so maybe thats how it happened ??
I normally wait for them to thaw but I was in a rush

If his drop eye doesn't get any worse I'm sure me & the fish will be able to live with it.

I had a HUGE RTG that like to eat off the bottom of the tank & he never got drop eye, he would let food drop to the bottom & then eat it. With my juvenile 24K I feed him morio worms one at a time ,I'm thinking the frozen prawn or my mate spooking the fish caused it

did you get this 24k of ale or david

if it was ale that 24k had drop eye when you got it and if it was from ale you swapped for some sick p14 so what goes around comes around

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store