Arowana drop eye has anybody cured it

theyangman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
The earth's natural gravitational pull, in combination of the material composition of the fishes eye, literally pulls the eye of the fish down. They are not able to cope with the forces that the planet places on them and causes the eye to droop downward. If it is not cured immediately by sending the fish to the moon, the eye will continually drop, and get ripped out of the socket! Hurry up! Send your fish to the moon!!! This is also conclusive evidence that these fish are not from this planet.

This is funny. I love these threads every few weeks.

Everything from ping pong balls to diet comes into play.

FISHSTICKS89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2012
vancity
The earth's natural gravitational pull, in combination of the material composition of the fishes eye, literally pulls the eye of the fish down. They are not able to cope with the forces that the planet places on them and causes the eye to droop downward. If it is not cured immediately by sending the fish to the moon, the eye will continually drop, and get ripped out of the socket! Hurry up! Send your fish to the moon!!! This is also conclusive evidence that these fish are not from this planet.

This is funny. I love these threads every few weeks.

Everything from ping pong balls to diet comes into play.
...... :sly: hahaha

Sent from my SGH-T959P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

strawwoodclaw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2012
Brighouse UK
No like I said I saved up & paid cash for it (1K). both eyes were perfect when I bought it but a month or so later I noticed it has slight drop eye in one eye. After a week or so of having the fish my mate made it jump after that it stayed in one corner of the tank for a few weeks until I put a air stone there & that is when I noticed it.

I think it was eating a frozen prawn or head trauma that must of caused it - I started this thread to try to find out if anybody has cured it .

I am gutted as I doubt I will be able to buy another

theyangman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
There is no way that a few frozen prawns over the span of a month, or even daily feeding of prawns over a month could have caused it. People feed frozen prawns to their asian arowanas all the time with no ill effects.

The head trauma in this scenario seems to be 100% the culprit behind the fish getting drop eye.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
There is no way that a few frozen prawns over the span of a month, or even daily feeding of prawns over a month could have caused it. People feed frozen prawns to their asian arowanas all the time with no ill effects.

The head trauma in this scenario seems to be 100% the culprit behind the fish getting drop eye.
+1 Yeah I agree.

strawwoodclaw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2012
Brighouse UK
it was quite a big frozen prawn & a small arowana - I noticed that its eye was bulging when he was trying to eat it, I never thought anything else of it until I read an article where some somebody said they fed a silver arowana a frozen prawn & notice it had drop eye straight after -

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
yes I bought him off David
i know another 24k that came from that batch that also got drop eye within a few months of owning it

if you want my opinion they were all white tank treated so this could be the reason they got drop eye

white tank treatment is nothing new and i think most 24k are placed in them to kick up the price and make them look better than they are you will probably see the shine level drop to

the prawn has nothing to do with it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store