Arowana drop eye has anybody cured it

Jyyx03

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 25, 2014
Singapore
IMO i think dropeye only occurs in captive breeded aros, somehow wild caught ones don't catch it, im not too sure about f1s though they may have similar genetics as the wild caught ones

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
IMO i think dropeye only occurs in captive breeded aros, somehow wild caught ones don't catch it, im not too sure about f1s though they may have similar genetics as the wild caught ones
Why do you have this opinion? Have you seen adult silver arowana in the home aquaria without DE?

Jyyx03

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 25, 2014
Singapore
Im not too sure, i have seen some aros which never get DE in ponds not in tanks i think it has something to do with space and the reflections in the tank and stuff but usually i never seen a wild caught aro get DE my friend has a wild caught one in his 320 and does not have DE but that may just be one case not too sure

raymondk394

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
san bernadino
I've never seen a large silver without drop eye. I agree with the head trauma hypothesis. Silvers are way more jumpy than blacks.

I do not agree with the fatty foods causing drop eye but thats just my opinion. I don't have data to support fatty foods but i feed my aro mice, shrimp, tilaipa fillet, massivor, crickets, and worms.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I have to disagree with that my aro was three feet and no drop eye but I did not feed feeders at all but lots of pellets and crickets and larger bugs

Sent from my SGH-T599N using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
I have to disagree with that my aro was three feet and no drop eye but I did not feed feeders at all but lots of pellets and crickets and larger bugs

Sent from my SGH-T599N using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Of coarse you have no pics of this beast?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store