ArttyFish Mixed Pygo Shoal LED Shimmering Effect Set Up

kokosnood

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2009
Santa Ynez, CA
Has anybody tried any of the fixtures from the "Aquarium Lights" section from ledwholesalers.com?

This one looks pretty sweet: ALL WHITE LED Aquarium and Grow Light Panel 225 LED 110 Volt
I have 2 of the 10 watt lights which the OP started this thread about, and I like them.

However, I added more tanks and I need lighting. I ordered the 225 white LED one mentioned above...I'll let you'all know how they compare.

It is only 3 more watts, and 8 bucks more; but it comes wired with a plug, so you don't have to buy a cord/plug from Home Depot...

One thing I like about the 10 watt ones is the light penetration into deep tanks, I wonder if the 225 LED one has the same penetration...well I'll know as soon as it gets here. I'll try and remember to come back and post my opinion once I get it.

kokosnood

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2009
Santa Ynez, CA
I have 2 of the 10 watt lights which the OP started this thread about, and I like them.

However, I added more tanks and I need lighting. I ordered the 225 white LED one mentioned above...I'll let you'all know how they compare.

It is only 3 more watts, and 8 bucks more; but it comes wired with a plug, so you don't have to buy a cord/plug from Home Depot...

One thing I like about the 10 watt ones is the light penetration into deep tanks, I wonder if the 225 LED one has the same penetration...well I'll know as soon as it gets here. I'll try and remember to come back and post my opinion once I get it.
Well, I've had the 225 LED up and running for a few weeks, and it is better than the 10watt outdoor light OP posted IMO. I like the 10watt for the "shimmering" but the 225 LED is brighter and comes with a plug, so it is about the same price. Plus it looks better on top of the tank.

kokosnood

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2009
Santa Ynez, CA
Well, I have to re-evaluate these lights. The 225 led has lost about 10 percent of its lights. Also, one of my 10 watt outdoor lights has gone out and LEDWHOLESALERS won't reply to my email.

Unfortunately I had already bought the 100w LED outdoor light and it wasn't cheap. I hope that one doesn't go out.

Buyer beware!

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Ouch. U can get commercial led floodlites at ur hardware store or walmart. They have some 20watts and the ballast is built in plus weather resistant. I have mine on lamp socket and its just like a spot lite. Plus they have different K

H20Boy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2005
Hilton Head Island, SC
Do not use the Aurora LEDs as the sell will no longer stand behind his dead LEDs-but they look great when they worked-but did not last.

theyangman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Here is a question and it may be dumb,

I already have my T8 system installed in my canopy. I don't want to go ripping it out right now, but I simply want to add the shimmering effect. If I added 3 of these to my 6 ft tank, would it just add the effect to the water? I have plenty of adjustable surface agitation so I am not concerned there, I just want to make sure that the existing lights won't "wash" out or neutralize the effect I am after. I don't need it to light up my tank, but purely add the effect.

kevbc03

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2008
Cleveland
This is such a cool effect, very innovative. nice shoal too

theyangman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
ordered my lights. Can't wait till they get here. Should have ordered them ages ago but I was leaning towards MH, but they seem to be going the way of the dinosaur.

Can anyone confirm that these are capable of growing plants? I have some basic plants (amazon swords) and was hoping these would also still be ok for the plants.

I am going to do 3 lights, spread across my 6 foot tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store