ArttyFish Mixed Pygo Shoal LED Shimmering Effect Set Up

limz_777

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
nice ,the effects is similar to mh lightning , is there replacement led for this unit ?

H20Boy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2005
Hilton Head Island, SC
ArttyFish;4779229; said:
[YT]JnD1S_CIkmg[/YT]
Arryfish could you please post a video of this set up from the side and top view.

50 watt light have been out for a month or so-ebay search 50 watt led--
However I have got to think that if this is what a 10 watt looks like anything brighter would might harm the fish inents long run.

I have read thru RC's post and even with all the DIY, the one thing in common is that they all cost a lot of cash and they all think that the light that they built is the bomb........

I would think that the LED Co. will roll out 300 watt (100*3watt led) either pre-fabed/or modular diy builds. untill then I do not view them as cost effective.

What I like about this 10 watt bulb is that it is alread assembled. heat sink and all the components are inside the fixture already.

The guys over at RC use a lens to evenly spread the 3watt led.
this 10 watt bulb is 3* brighter and has no lens (yes it has a cover/lens)
or a way to diffuse the light...

Sorry I cant upload the cad drawing I made, I will try to do it with autocad light.

or maybe a brighter led thru a plastic diffuser (drop ceiling lights/hardware store) if the color is to white I might try tinting the plastic as the lights give off little to no heat.

Sorry I just drank the entire pot of coffee my thoughts are going in ten directions.:eek:

dookie

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2005
Hong Kong
If one mounts them high enough can it elminate the ripple effect?

64coupe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2011
Louisville, KY
Does anyone happen to know the vertical space required by these. How close did you guys mount yours to the surface of the water?

Thanks.

Ripdevil

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2005
DMV
I like. What is that that you are feeding them?
Are those plants real or fake? they look great!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store