ArttyFish Mixed Pygo Shoal LED Shimmering Effect Set Up

ArttyFish

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2008
The Land Of Fish Lovers
Sorry you guys got the wrong colored LED's. I highly suggest you call Wayne Wong at LEDwholesalers directly at 650-685-2888. He is the Sales Manager there. Call him personally and explain your situation and he will make it right and go from there.

H20Boy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2005
Hilton Head Island, SC
pupumole;4817584; said:
oh btw....

since these are pretty much pure white.... anyone got any idea for cheap supplement spectrum ? you know how some t-5 are purplish that gives fish a lil more red showing. not actinic cuz thats for saltwater.... i dunno, i'm sure these would make shiny fish really shiny but i fear that it'll wash out the color
I am not trying to start nothing.
First when you do get ultra white-they will tend to wash out your tank.
This can be spred out a bit either by placing the LED higher off the water or even aiming it at an angle rather then directly into the tank.
They make this same light/concept up to 50w but it also will wash the tank just more so.

I have read several post on diy LED and not untill they have released the 3 watt crees-have I been on board.

I do dig this 10w fixture...simply plug and play.
There are folks wiring 100 3watt crees to a heat sink, wiring, Lens. and above all cost.

I do not see these on a reef---But I so see these light in use with PINK T-5's. I do see this on my FOWLR tank.

Who knows next week I might eat my words when they launch a 10000K 10watt.

Be Your Own Filter, No One knows It All.

ArttyFish

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2008
The Land Of Fish Lovers
H20Boy;4819635; said:
I am not trying to start nothing.
First when you do get ultra white-they will tend to wash out your tank.
This can be spred out a bit either by placing the LED higher off the water or even aiming it at an angle rather then directly into the tank.
They make this same light/concept up to 50w but it also will wash the tank just more so.

I have read several post on diy LED and not untill they have released the 3 watt crees-have I been on board.

I do dig this 10w fixture...simply plug and play.
There are folks wiring 100 3watt crees to a heat sink, wiring, Lens. and above all cost.

I do not see these on a reef---But I so see these light in use with PINK T-5's. I do see this on my FOWLR tank.

Who knows next week I might eat my words when they launch a 10000K 10watt.

Be Your Own Filter, No One knows It All.
Your such a nerd H2O Boy.....lol J/K

kokosnood

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2009
Santa Ynez, CA
ArttyFish;4818819; said:
Sorry you guys got the wrong colored LED's. I highly suggest you call Wayne Wong at LEDwholesalers directly at 650-685-2888. He is the Sales Manager there. Call him personally and explain your situation and he will make it right and go from there.
Thanks for this.

I contacted them through Amazon; if I don't hear back soon I'll call.

I'm guessing the average consumer buying these for outdoor lighting really wouldn't notice the difference. I'm looking forward to getting the right ones and checking them out!

This is so much easier than buying a 10w LED bulb, heat sink, and power supply separately and wiring them--also it comes in that slick fixture!

ArttyFish

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2008
The Land Of Fish Lovers
kokosnood;4820131; said:
Thanks for this.

I contacted them through Amazon; if I don't hear back soon I'll call.

I'm guessing the average consumer buying these for outdoor lighting really wouldn't notice the difference. I'm looking forward to getting the right ones and checking them out!

This is so much easier than buying a 10w LED bulb, heat sink, and power supply separately and wiring them--also it comes in that slick fixture!
Kokosnood, you will be happy with them. I have 6 of these on all of my 3 tanks and I leave the LED on all day with out wasted much electricity. They dont get very hot either. Just luke warm to the touch.

bomber

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
the Office living in the now...
I can't wait...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store