Asian arowana interest poll

Would you actually buy an Asian arowana when they become legal? BE HONEST!

• Yes

Votes: 231 87.2%
  • No

Votes: 34 12.8%

• Total voters

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
jlnguyen74;3582921; said:
Sure! And how you're going to do that? :ROFL:

This thread is about interested in Asian Arowana, not interested in high grade Asian Arowana :grinno: There are different size of shoes that fit different people feet! ;)
you can be santa and drop em off in my tank :D

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Arowana1;3582756; said:
I'm a huge fan of South American Arowanas. However, if Asian Arownas were legalized I would buy a high grade red Arowana first and I would not blink an eye to pay $20.00 extra if the money went back to Asian Arowana conservation if the wild. Something like making a tiger, elephant, or just an Arowana preserve along a strech of river that was good arowana habitat.
a high grade red will cost you $20k

the $1-2k reds are not that great and def not high grade

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
jlnguyen74;3582921; said:
Sure! And how you're going to do that? :ROFL:

This thread is about interested in Asian Arowana, not interested in high grade Asian Arowana :grinno: There are different size of shoes that fit different people feet! ;)
when people say they will buy a high grade red or xback they need to know a high grade fish will cost $10-20k not the $1-2k

if asian aros become avalible in the US it will be a good outlet to off load the not so good reds and xback then in a few years the US will notice the $2k aro does not meet the grade

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
California Motherlode Area
Then I'm going to start saving because I have dreamed and want eventually to owning at least one legal high grade red. When I have gone to Canada to visit my brother 4inch Super Reds are priced around $3,000 to 4,000. Aren't Super Reds considered high grade?

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Arowana1;3582987; said:
Then I'm going to start saving because I have dreamed and want eventually to owning at least one legal high grade red. When I have gone to Canada to visit my brother 4inch Super Reds are priced around $3,000 to 4,000. Aren't Super Reds considered high grade?
you can get $2k super reds or xbacks all over the place its hard to tell what they will turn out like but you have a 90% chance that you will not be happy and end up selling

this is my point people just drool over the high grade reds posted on the internet a fish like that will cost a min $10k and up

this is what happened in the UK everyone looked on the net saw all the high grade reds then sellers started to bring in super reds for £1200 and people thought what a great deal but its not such a great deal a few years down the road the £1200 aros dont look so great

from what i have been told you need to spend $10k+ to get a aro to drool over

Gshock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
Toronto
T1KARMANN;3583029; said:
you can get $2k super reds or xbacks all over the place its hard to tell what they will turn out like but you have a 90% chance that you will not be happy and end up selling

this is my point people just drool over the high grade reds posted on the internet a fish like that will cost a min $10k and up

this is what happened in the UK everyone looked on the net saw all the high grade reds then sellers started to bring in super reds for £1200 and people thought what a great deal but its not such a great deal a few years down the road the £1200 aros dont look so great

from what i have been told you need to spend $10k+ to get a aro to drool over
T1, not everyone has your expectations. I drool all over the floor everytime I see any type of asian aro. Why? Becuase I still think they look good, and I can't afford another one. There are quite a few people who would drool over aros that aren't of super mega high quality like the ones you expect. Sure I see all these great looking reds up on the net, even though it obviously doesn't look as great, I still drool over it and Im completely satisfied with it. Most people I know sell their asian aros becuase they lack the space to keep it or they want to try other asian aros. The rest just do it for some more cash. I've never met anyone (except you) who has been unsatisfied with their asian aro. Everyone has a different opinion. We don't know what fish is high grade or bs like that. Stuff like that is based on parentage/ how the parents turned out. Middlemen usually stick stupid phrases like that in there to rake in more money, its as simple as that.

Toxic Fish 9999

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2009
WI
i would buy a green i really want one

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
California Motherlode Area
One day if ever legal I'm planning on owning a High Grade Red Arowana (its my Feng Shui Arowana). Plus some of the Arowanas I've seen being exported like the Diablo Reds and others imported to Canada look good like solid Red Arowanas. I was under the impresssion the were between $3,000 and $7,000 US dollars not $20,000.

Brian Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2008
Wood River Illinois
As much as I love my Jardini absolutely I would.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store