Asian Gar

Oldmano

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Canada
I've been interested in gars for the longest time, but the immense size they grow to has always deterred me from getting one. I saw a couple of these "Asian Needle Nosed Gars" as they are called at my LFS. I'm just curious to know what they are compatible with, I hope to keep it with a couple of bichirs (none larger than 14") and possibly a red tiger oscar. Would it work out? Sorry if I'm going off topic at all, just didn't really want to create a new thread.

KaraJo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
NE Ohio
Oldmano;1677741; said:
I've been interested in gars for the longest time, but the immense size they grow to has always deterred me from getting one. I saw a couple of these "Asian Needle Nosed Gars" as they are called at my LFS. I'm just curious to know what they are compatible with, I hope to keep it with a couple of bichirs (none larger than 14") and possibly a red tiger oscar. Would it work out? Sorry if I'm going off topic at all, just didn't really want to create a new thread.

This thread is WAY old so you would be smart to start your own thread under OTHER MONSTER FISH. "Asian Gar" are not true gar.

pcfriedrich

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
North Central Florida
nishant_datta;796003; said:
Do you mean needle fish... yeah I've seen a couple of pics on the internet but never saw it for sale with an LFS.
you can catch them, they live in the rivers from india to china.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store