At What Age Would You Let Your Daughter Have a Boyfriend?

adixon816

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2012
Piscataway, NJ
you can do all the social developments without boyfriends too.

I've always found that statement to be bs,.....about how girls with strict parents turn out to be the worst partiers and sleep around with everyone once they are in college

I don't personally know anyone who fits that category. I have a huge family with a lot of sisters, female cousins and nieces and my family is generally old fashion and kind of strict. none of them fit that category. sure when they are in college they may have some fun but all have end up with long term relationships that led to marriage

the ones who fit that category are more of the ones who grow up in broken homes, single parent homes, physical/sexual abuse, neglect,........

sure there are cases where it's true, but there are also cases where it's not. so when I hear something like that, I call bs
The only part I have issue with is single parent homes.. My mom raised four of us after my dad split and none of my sister's are like that nor my brother and me. Single parents can do as good and better jobs then couples it's about the individual. Please don't discredit single parents who work hard to provide and to be there for their kids, to teach them values, and teach them to be loving and caring people. I know it may not always be the case but it is not always bad.

Sent from my HTCONE using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I posted what I did for conversation. But, if someone is naive enough to think they can control every minute a kid is awake, they're nuts. My parents were on top of me, yet I seemed to find time to do all sorts of bad things.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
well, of course no kids can be controlled 100% of the time. I just think a parent(s) have a whole lot of power to raise the kid right. and even then it's no guarantee. but I just don't believe in the parents have "no say" part. ultimately it will be their choice but I believe generally that they will have a lot to do with how well their kids choose a mate.

The only part I have issue with is single parent homes.. My mom raised four of us after my dad split and none of my sister's are like that nor my brother and me. Single parents can do as good and better jobs then couples it's about the individual. Please don't discredit single parents who work hard to provide and to be there for their kids, to teach them values, and teach them to be loving and caring people. I know it may not always be the case but it is not always bad.

you misunderstood

what I said was that for THOSE KIDS who grow up like mentioned (the over partying, promiscuous ones) are more from those broken, single parent, physical abuse or neglect homes. as opposed to homes where the parents were too strict.

and being from those bad homes doesn't automatically mean kids will end up bad, they just are at higher risk. and just because one might come from a good, loving, nurturing home doesn't always mean they will automatically not make poor life choices or end up screwing up

I was also raised mainly by my mom.

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
the more you try to influence the outcome the less (intended) influence you will have,,IMO,, good luck:)

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
the more you try to influence the outcome the less (intended) influence you will have,,IMO,, good luck:)
depends. that's way too general but I won't say that that is unusual, but generally, no, I don't believe that to be true

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
well, of course no kids can be controlled 100% of the time. I just think a parent(s) have a whole lot of power to raise the kid right. and even then it's no guarantee. but I just don't believe in the parents have "no say" part. ultimately it will be their choice but I believe generally that they will have a lot to do with how well their kids choose a mate.
100% agree, but that has to start long before you set a dating age. One could also argue if you do that, there's no reason to set an age limit. I may have done bad things, but when it came to girls, I knew the deal and respected it. It was the stuff they didn't talk about. Lol

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
100% agree, but that has to start long before you set a dating age. One could also argue if you do that, there's no reason to set an age limit. I may have done bad things, but when it came to girls, I knew the deal and respected it. It was the stuff they didn't talk about. Lol

man, it's gonna be so awkward. i'm glad I have quite a few years before the dating thing becomes a true reality.

lol, early intervention is key. start the relationship with your daughters early. love them, be there for them, teach them. so when the rebellious years come you will be in better shape.

I gotta have an age limit though. I would love for it to be after highschool. but no way would I ever approve anything under like, 14-15 years old. that's just me though

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
I have a caiman and a gun collection. Never :)

All seriousness, I guess 16 if I can.

adixon816

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2012
Piscataway, NJ

you misunderstood

what I said was that for THOSE KIDS who grow up like mentioned (the over partying, promiscuous ones) are more from those broken, single parent, physical abuse or neglect homes. as opposed to homes where the parents were too strict.

and being from those bad homes doesn't automatically mean kids will end up bad, they just are at higher risk. and just because one might come from a good, loving, nurturing home doesn't always mean they will automatically not make poor life choices or end up screwing up

I was also raised mainly by my mom.
Gotcha sometimes context and tone are tough on the internet. I now understand you and do agree.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
One might argue as to whether you actually have a choice in the matter. Sure, you can restrict them from your house, but when they are not at home?
This.

We can only wish for them to find their happiness and be there to sae them from drowning when they think they can swim...

Experience of seven kids.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store