At What Age Would You Let Your Daughter Have a Boyfriend?

Fishnthehood

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
Chino, CA
Don't have daughters but helped raise my sisters daughter and my oldest neice is 15. This year she was asked to a dance by a boy and I honestly was so angry that my sister said yes to the proposal, I didn't speak to her for two weeks.

Hindsight being 20/20 I was tripping and my neice has a wonderful time. But to answer your question I would say it depends on the mindset of the child and your comfortability with the young man.

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
It really depends how you raise them but kids will do what they want.
The amount of girls I dated as a teen who didn't tell their parents cause they werent allowed a boyfriend was astonishing.
My first real relationship (well real for a teenager) was when I was 15. it lasted a year and lets just say a lot of parents wouldnt have been happy with their daughter in that situation lol

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
The ownership that male parents think they have over their female children is really, really creepy.

Son: dad, I got a girlfriend.
Dad: good job son!

Daughter: dad,I got a boyfriend.
Dad: Where is he? I'm gonna kill him.

The girl you're so proud of your son for dating has a father that's just as protective, paranoid, and delusional as you are.

Get a grip. Being protective is one thing. Being crazy is another.

Carpsalmon

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2009
Oregon
The ownership that male parents think they have over their female children is really, really creepy.

The girl you're so proud of your son for dating has a father that's just as protective, paranoid, and delusional as you are.

You must not have a daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At

well, if an under aged kid breaks your car window, who do you go to get it repaired? and if an under aged girl gets pregnant who is gonna be the ones to do all the supporting? so I don't see anything wrong with feeling over protective or "crazy" as you called it. i'd like to know how you feel after you've had a daughter of your own though

besides, the topic was about daughters so everyone is just talking about their daughters.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY

read my post I have equal rules set up for my boys and girls. The dads that give there sons attaboys for getting girls best be ready to be grand dads lol.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas

Reminds me of the Stud vs Ho theory

It's a known fact that women get taken advantage of more. More likely to be raped, beaten and stuck with a child

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Yes, very true. No one is denying that.

It's probably a product of the same attitude that guys own their daughters... the idea that women exist only for the whim of men...

I really don't get this,.....

a parent with a child or children is responsible for feeding them, raising them, loving them, nurturing them, protecting them, clothing them, teaching them, providing for them, paying for their mistakes, etc, etc

you pretty much own them since you are responsible for everything they do as long as they are living under your roof.

almost like owning a dog. you get one and it's your responsibility to be a good responsible owner. and if it ever bites anyone or destroys property it is your responsibility

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store