At What Age Would You Let Your Daughter Have a Boyfriend?

dxdx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
NJ, USA
In all seriousness, there is no need until high school or later. Kids get too distracted and will miss out on things that are more important at that age.

Like developing socially?

My daughter is in kindergarten and has a "boyfriend"

You all are going to have kids that hide stuff from you and are going to be the worst burn outs when/if they go to college. The worst kids freshman year of college were those who were so sheltered they lost it when they were away from their parents.

Being able to interact with other kids and develop social networks is very important.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Like developing socially?

My daughter is in kindergarten and has a "boyfriend"

You all are going to have kids that hide stuff from you and are going to be the worst burn outs when/if they go to college. The worst kids freshman year of college were those who were so sheltered they lost it when they were away from their parents.

Being able to interact with other kids and develop social networks is very important.
you can do all the social developments without boyfriends too.

I've always found that statement to be bs,.....about how girls with strict parents turn out to be the worst partiers and sleep around with everyone once they are in college

I don't personally know anyone who fits that category. I have a huge family with a lot of sisters, female cousins and nieces and my family is generally old fashion and kind of strict. none of them fit that category. sure when they are in college they may have some fun but all have end up with long term relationships that led to marriage

the ones who fit that category are more of the ones who grow up in broken homes, single parent homes, physical/sexual abuse, neglect,........

sure there are cases where it's true, but there are also cases where it's not. so when I hear something like that, I call bs

hbluehunter

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2007
Lynnwood, Wa.
Funny i found this thread being my daughter and i had this conversation this weekend.. She's 11 going on 12 in a few months..

The way my wife and i feel is not before HS. Like a few others have said, the boy will also have to grow a pair and come and ask me face to face for permission. He will also have to come over to the house for dinner so we can halfway make sure we don't have a knucklehead on our hands.. If that goes well there will also be no 1 on 1 dates, only group dates will be allowed..

I told my daughter she has way too much going on in her life with select sports, school, and her emotional rollercoaster from just getting to that age that she doesn't need a BF to screw her up even more..lol

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
My daugthers going to be 3 in September. I'm trying to not think about this crap yet haha. I would say high school would be appropriate.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
My daughters also 11 , 12 in few months she starts high school in September it worry's the hell out of me this subject , I always joke and say when she's 30 but seriously that would be fine with me lol :D
Whenever she does decide to have a bf I'll be doing the introduction thing straight away to make sure he's not an absolute idiot and to !make sure if I can that she does no sneaking around behind our backs I'm a big believer of honesty best policy in life
Any way its a horrible subject I'm off to forget about it and talk about fish lol ;):D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I posted what I did for conversation. But, if someone is naive enough to think they can control every minute a kid is awake, they're nuts. My parents were on top of me, yet I seemed to find time to do all sorts of bad things.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

burbon44s

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2012
milwaukee
I posted what I did for conversation. But, if someone is naive enough to think they can control every minute a kid is awake, they're nuts. My parents were on top of me, yet I seemed to find time to do all sorts of bad things.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
X2. That's why it's very important to talk to your kids.
I make my daughter talk to me about everything. Then my wife takes over.

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store