aussie natives

Mystix212

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Cammo X;1478440; said:
mystix i work at an aquarium in brisbane and we have a wide selection of natives, they are practically my pride and joy. anything from rainbows,bass,golden perch,togas,silver perch,scats,mono's,barra, golden eel tail,eeltail cats,eels (in the breeding season),murry cod,sleepy cod,salmontails,sooty grunters,and some other i probably forgot bout, and our prices are alright to.

Cammo X
Would it happen to be Pine Rivers Aquarium?

thingthing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2007
Newcastle, Australia
the only native fish i have now are a tandanus catfish and a silver perch i had another silver perch and an auzzie bass but the bass had its tail bitten off by either the catfish or one of the perch (the only other fish in the tank are goldfish and juvinile koi, its my growout tank for my pond) and the dead perch wasnt healthy when i bought it and died a few days after i bought it. my friend has some foot long auzzie bass in his pond, thats what inspired me to buy one and they only had one left at petstock it was only 8 dollars so i bought it.

on another note..........

<
<
<
look at my avatar. isnt it funny?

~THEO~

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2007
Bris-ney land, Australia
Wow, there are a few OZ native keepers here! I ONLY keep natives. I'm surprised only a few people do.
I have a small list at the moment.

2 x Barramundi
1 x Saratoga leichardti
1 x Berneys Catfish
1 x Salmon-Tail Catfish
2 x Barred Grunter

I have also kept a short finned eel, spangled perch, and tandanus catfish.

And I have on the way an aussie lungfish.

I do agree that more places need to start stocking a larger variety, would be great for more people to get into the natives.

Cammo X

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2007
Australia
www.facebook.com
Natives are my favorite and i only keep them!! i do have a tropical tank but im selling all the fish and getting a new bigger tank 4x2x2 for my toga and bullrout. i agree more places need to have a bigger selection of natives, most places have a small couple of tanks for natives and dont rerally display them as good as other fish, it should change. but i guess it just depends on the owner!.

Cammo X

cr8on

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2007
Don't have any natives at the moment, but in the past I have kept silver scats, barramundi, purple spot gudgeons, butis butis, tandanus catfish, golden perch, australian bass, bartail grunters, sleepy cod, red scats, archer fish, silver perch, mono argenteus, native banded pufferfish, saratoga leichardti and a longfinned eel. Natives are awesome fish, definitely underrated IMO. Also, the LFS where I work part time has an awesome selection of natives.

amehel0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
native aussie are the best shizzle. pine rivers aquariums sux. they keep giant gouramis 3foot long in 4ft tanks. lol idiots.nyways im gettinsome JUNGLE PERCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
i luv my natives!!!
im also getting some mouth almighties. and turdles.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store