Automatic Water Changer

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
i would still run the carbon block filters for a just incase.... think of your collection and the water company upping the chlorine for what ever the reason is.... better safe than sorry.... i would also love to come check this set up out one day if possible...

OscartheGrouch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Boston
That's a bit expensive for a DIY auto-changer. As for the gravel, I'm still waiting for that DIY fish tank Roomba. :)

Danger_Chicken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2008
Baltimore
CHOMPERS;1924896; said:
When you publish in a color that is not compatible with skins that you are not using, you elimintate those people from your thread.
I'm using the default skin and didn't change the colors execpt for a few words that all say picture

OscartheGrouch;1925048; said:
That's a bit expensive for a DIY auto-changer. As for the gravel, I'm still waiting for that DIY fish tank Roomba. :)
Like I sid it could be done a lot cheaper but I had certian requirements that I wasn't willing to fore go.

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
joeyballz;1925985; said:
I'm using the default skin and didn't change the colors execpt for a few words that all say picture
Actually, you published in white which is invisible in the light skin. Yellow is barely legible. You do good work but the color choice could prevent your thread from being immortalized.

Danger_Chicken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2008
Baltimore
CHOMPERS;1927030; said:
Actually, you published in white which is invisible in the light skin. Yellow is barely legible.
I'm following you. I actually wrote this up in MS Word for my boss (orginally), he's in the hobby and wanted details how I did it. I modified it for the forum. When I pasted, it was coming up as black font so I switch it back to white which is the default. I guess it doesn't carry over correctly like that. If it wasn't a copy and paste I wouldn't have change the font color. I did pick the yellow to stand out, not realizing there were other skins on the forum.
CHOMPERS;1927030; said:
You do good work but the color choice could prevent your thread from being immortalized.
LOL, thanks for the compliment but I can't see this thread getting immortailized. I shouldn't have posted what I spent, everyone seems to be focusing more on that than anything else. But I figured that question would come up so I put it out there.

Danger_Chicken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2008
Baltimore
I found the fix for the JBJ ATO. Inside there is a control that allows you to set the saftey shut-off. Supposively from 3 (default) to 14 minutes. I set it to the max and tested it tiwce it ran over 15 minutes each time which will work fine for me. Tomorrow will be the first fully automatic run.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
did you consider adding a sediment and carbon prefilters???

drb

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2006
Where ever i'm at!
Hey all you haters dont friggin worry about how much it costs him even if he listed the cost! Its totally awesome great job man I'd love to set something like that some day!!!!

so cal nick

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2008
Socal
I spend 15 minutes changing my water, i really don't think i'd spend anything over 20 dollars on something that automates the process. Too risky as a hobbiest, and i like to work for my tank so i makes me feel better when people give complements.

Danger_Chicken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2008
Baltimore
so cal nick;1959492; said:
I spend 15 minutes changing my water, i really don't think i'd spend anything over 20 dollars on something that automates the process. Too risky as a hobbiest, and i like to work for my tank so i makes me feel better when people give complements. I have a new twenty gallon fish tank!
Mines not 20 gal but 220, it takes a bit more than 15 minutes. It also has 5 Oscars in it so there is no room to let the maintenance slip. There stil juvi's so once they are full grow the water changes may need to be upped.

drb said:
Hey all you haters dont friggin worry about how much it costs him even if he listed the cost! Its totally awesome great job man I'd love to set something like that some day!!!!
Thanks, I hope people don't thin I'm bragging about the money spent, I was just trying to give as much info as I could. That's why I listed the exact parts I used. The hardest part for me was reading things others did and trying to figure out where to get the part or what the part was.

Nic said:
did you consider adding a sediment and carbon prefilters???
Nope

If there is a Mod around please edit the first post and remove the price. LOL, that's not what this is about.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store