BABY BETTA FRY HELP!!!!!!

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
Try to move the fry into a ten gallon with 5 gallons of water in it. This helps there labrynth organs form correctly. What someone told me was that since they live in dirty water in the wild, the fry need really really tiny organisms to eat. The guy I know that tried to breed them he kept failing until he realized that. He took an old sponge filter and wrung it out in the tank. The water was a little brown, but the food the sponge filter sucked up was small enough for the fry to eat.

Weasel F.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2006
Amarillo,Texas
Congrads frist off on the fry, secound one of the best foods you can fed yur betta fry right now is boiled egg yolk. This is higher in protain then the brine shrimp. Here's a link on a way to make it.
http://www.fightingfish.com.au/article.php?id=5

I just boil the eggs then remove the yolk and take my finger get the end of it wet. rub the end of my finger on the yolk, then take what rubs off on my finger and place it in the water. Now onething to remenber is that amoina burns the fins of the fry. i clean the ater on my frys ever 4 to 5 days. Using a srings to remove the fry that gets sucked up by the air line tube { i ue airline tube to clean the bottom of the tank} I use it for a coupe reasons. 1. it dosn't remove tons of water at a time .
2. it has a stronger pick up of the waste on the bottom.

Once i get the bottom cleaned I take a sringes and suck up the fry that the tank cleaning puls out. This is a fun step i usually remove around 50+ each time. So it takes a while to remove those from the water. Another thing yo don't want to remove themale after the fry become free swiming. leave the male with the fry for up to 15 days. the male want eat the fry. there not like most male fish they don't turn on there young. I leave my male in the tank with the fry sometimes for 20 to 25days after free swimming. The male teaches the fry to find food and helps keep the larger fry from eatting the smaller fry. The male is a strong froce in the growth of the fry. By leaving the male the fry will pick up this trate and teach the fry males how to care for there young when they bred.
What type is your Betta VT { Veil Tail}, HM {Half Moon } , CT {Crwon Tail } HMPK {Half Moon Plakat } , PK { the ture fighting betta plakats } ? I bred HMPKs,PKs and CTs right now I have 3 frys
1 fry of HMPK blacklace male/Black lace female 3 weeks old male still with fry.
1 fry of CT male { white and red } CTPK female Red and blue marble. they are 2.5 weeks old male till with fry.
2 frys of { the tre fighting betta } Plakats or PKs of red/blue male and marble blue and white female HMPK 4 weeks old the 27th and male will be pulled on the 27th.
it's a lot better for the fry to leave the male. He shows the young so much that helps them become great parents when they get older. If you have any more question let me know just PM me I'd more then happy to help in anyway. godluck with your young.

TicaL

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2007
Tempe, AZ
born2lovefish;682512; said:
I set up another 2.5 gallon with a 25 watt heater and some java moss. Put the male in there and he is building a nest. I will introduce the female in a couple days. I'm hoping for better luck this time!
That's too bad, so I assume none of the fry made it :(

Good luck though I'm sure you'll do much better this next time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store